Thread: I guess I am the Ice Breaker

Junior SCH Member

I guess I am the Ice Breaker

Buying a D3-R, hoping to get 8.7's out of it w/out intercooler. At this point, I am over-spinning my YS-Trim, and undoubtedly super-heating the air. With the fab work to be done, not sure how soon this will be done. However, getting a little ahead of myself, have to get the blower in first.
    A-4, 347 YS-Trim, Cast Iron Street Heats, Power Steering/Windows/Brakes/Door Locks, Steel Hood & Hatch, Stock A-Arms, Stock K-Member, Valid Tag/Insurance, Stock Front/Rear Seats, Factory Carpeting all around. Best ET/MPH 9.11/154.40 (different passes) @ 3405 lbs.

Make sure to take and post pictures along the way... especialy if there is custom fab work involved, it's always nice to see what ideas people come up with to make things work right. Good luck with the project!
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by WA2FAST
    Make sure to take and post pictures along the way... especialy if there is custom fab work involved, it's always nice to see what ideas people come up with to make things work right. Good luck with the project!
    Good idea. I need to start taking more pics in general......don't really have that many. However I plan to step it up some on the photo-taking. Thanks for the suggestion.
    A-4, 347 YS-Trim, Cast Iron Street Heats, Power Steering/Windows/Brakes/Door Locks, Steel Hood & Hatch, Stock A-Arms, Stock K-Member, Valid Tag/Insurance, Stock Front/Rear Seats, Factory Carpeting all around. Best ET/MPH 9.11/154.40 (different passes) @ 3405 lbs.

:) Can't want to see:)
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member

D3-R arrived today.

That thing is a BIG BIOTCH!!!
    Looking at the inlet and outlets are actually funny because of their sheer size. I'm betting that 30lbs boost out of this thing will be no sweat. Well, as I said before, since the car is running (and staying together) I'm not going to go tearing into it right now. Plus, there will be quite a bit of fab work and changes that will have to be made to put this thing on. I have the power steering over on that side, and my Moroso vacuum pump where the A/C compressor used to be.

Doesn't Pro-Charger (or somebody) make a kit to relocate the power steering to the passenger side?

ATI sells the kit yes. Look at some of the posts on this site to see exactly, there are a few people in the process of installing it right now actually. When are we going to get to see your blower ;-) ? You should be very happy with your car once you decide to install the kit, no doubt.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    ATI sells the kit yes. Look at some of the posts on this site to see exactly, there are a few people in the process of installing it right now actually. When are we going to get to see your blower ;-) ? You should be very happy with your car once you decide to install the kit, no doubt.
    I have their catalog and have been on their website, and I can't find it. Is the power steering relocator something that you can only phone them on?

Yea, just call them up, they don't advertise it in the catalog or online... their site is pretty outdated (at least I think it needs to be re-done) and their catalogs are kind of old too except for the inserts they give with them)
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Yea, just call them up, they don't advertise it in the catalog or online... their site is pretty outdated (at least I think it needs to be re-done) and their catalogs are kind of old too except for the inserts they give with them)
    Thanks. :)