Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1/2" Vortech pass. side bracket

Thread: 1/2" Vortech pass. side bracket

Junior SCH Member

1/2" Vortech pass. side bracket

Anybody interested in a 1/2" passenger side Vortech blower bracket?...I'm thinking about making some more. It's made from .050 t-81 aluminum, i can sell them powder coated, polished, or natural finished. This bracket has more beef in the loop and i can add beef where the smog pump sits or with smog pump, the pics included have the smog pump deleted...I've only made one so far (with the smog pump deleted) but if anybody's interested i can make some more...
    thanks
    James
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member

Another Pic

another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    Looks good James! When will mine be ready?
    91GT

10.90 @ 127 on DR's

YS - R331 coming soon

Junior SCH Member
    When do you want one??

Senior SCH Member
    do you make a bracket to fit the 351, on the 94-95 need one thinking about going to a trim or ys trim thanks anthony
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Junior SCH Member
    I dont have a template made for a 94-95, but i can use your existing bracket as one...let me know..

thanks,
    James

Junior SCH Member
    I also made a mistake on the measurement..it's .500= 1/2", not .050= 50 thousenths...

Junior SCH Member

im interested

I am interested in this depending on price. I need more support and am wanting a additionaly idler pulley on the bottom side of my belt. I have a cogged T trim setup, please let me know.

Nate

Junior SCH Member
    I havent designed a double idler pulley yet, but with the bracket that deletes the smog pump, I dont think you'll have a problem with flexing especially with a cog set-up...

thanks
    James

Junior SCH Member

price?

What will the price be on these James?
    Nate

Junior SCH Member
    How about $175.00 non-coated and non-polished..

let me know..

James

Senior SCH Member
    2 things here,

first, vortech already make this plate in 1/2 billet anodized black for less than that price(well last I checked anyway), another important thing as per James reply.

I dont think you'll have a problem with flexing especially with a cog set-up...

thanks
    James;

this is not true, you NEED something in the spot of the smog pump, whether its an eliminator or just a spacer of some sort as there is no support for the blower underneath other than that smog mount, I have been down this road and even with the 1/2" plate it flexes big time without something mounted underneath it, even with cogs, the harder you spin it the worse the situation gets, just a heads up about the flex, not trying to kill your sales James, just letting you know the price may be a little high, I can check and see exactly how much they do sell them for so you can price it accordingly, or not......hehe.
    Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member
    ok guys here's the deal, I had no idea until i called Vortech and verified the price of there bracket, Yes my price was waaay too high,,( i had no idea ). By no means am i trying to get rich to help other fellow Vortech users out, i thought i was cutting a price in half....Spence pointed out that you need something in place of the smog pump..true, if you look closely at one of the pics in the gallery that there is a rod that is in place of the smog pump that is used as a spacer so the bracket itself will not move because the rod is the same length as the smog pump which i did forget to mention, but i was thinking that you would see it in the pic..sorry about that!! I also stated that it wouldnt flex especially with cogs, the reason for that is when i was running serpintine i would tighten the belt so tight it would literally sounded like a guitar string, thus the tip or corner of the bracket would flex without the blower spinning... As i stated to Spence it's super hard to sell something without a person standing in front of the car looking right at the bracket in sight, and pics really dont do the justice..last but not least if anybody wants one I'll do one for $100.00 without the coatings or polished. If anybody has any questions please call or email...I'll be glad to help, 316-264-2769.....j6996bell@aol.com....

Thanks for the heads up Spence!!

James