Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Coolant temps

Thread: Coolant temps

Junior SCH Member

Coolant temps

Is it me or is it when you installed your super charger your coolant temps go up?. My car used to stay between 180-185 when it was n/a and now that the car is force inducted it stays around19-200 degrees. Granted, its not getting out of control but I would be more at ease if it were back to 180-185 degrees. I think Im going to geta mezeir water pump and see how that does. Have any of you guys noticed this in your rides?
    94 Z28
    ATI procharger
    hooker long tubes
    msd digital 6 ignition
    SMC alky injection
    Front mount i/c
    3"y-pipe
    3"cutout
    224/236 cam
    1.6rr

Forced induction definitely adds temp. I haven't run my car yet our of the garage, but the few times I have started it and let it run, I did notice that it heats up much quicker than it did before, and that's not even driving the car, that's just sitting there. Even ATI says that you are going to need an adaquate cooling system for the substantial power increase. Even by itself, the blower creates heat and requires power to opperate which all to the engine temp.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

I was having some problems and my car is daily driven. I went with a 180 t-stat, one bottle of waterwetter and about 25% antifreeze which seemed to help alot. Haven't had any really hot days yet to test it out fully, but it doesn't get as warm as it did. Hoping I don't have to drop more coin for an aftermarket radiator.

Brian
    '94 Cobra, Procharged 10psi, otherwise mostly stock - 400rwhp 412tq

Now more boost and more horses

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3

New 347 combo coming soon - shooting for daily driving 600rwhp

Yea, a good idea to keep coolant temps down is to run ~20-25% coolant, 2 bottles of water wetter, and the rest water. That should definitely help keep anyones coolant temp down. I am curious to see how mine is going to deal with the extra power. Guess we will find out on Monday for sure (Dyno Day!).
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net