Thread: Hey Ersunl!! Question for ya.

Hey Ersunl!! Question for ya.

I noticed that you have what appears to be a Cobra R SVO hood, was your SVO scoop cut out when received? If not did ya just cut it out & run it open or did ya instal a screen of some sort?

Any details and/or close up pics of both sides of the hood would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

LOL...it's not even cut out yet. However I am getting to that next week. I posted a thread on the corral a few weeks ago asking how exactly to do that on a hood that was already painted... I have no idea why they didn't cut it out... they were supposed to before the paint, but that would just make too much sense I guess. I guess they got a little trigger happy w/ the paint guns.
    I'm a little scared to do this, but I hate having this hood and have it not be functional, especially since it's getting warmer out.
    Hopefully mid-next week I'll have it all done. I'll start with the back holes to make sure I don't totally screw up, then move to the front.
    As for the screen/open idea, I still don't know. I'm hoping I figure that out when I get there. :)
    If you have anymore tips for cuting painted surfaces besides tape off, score, pray and cut, let me know!
    However, I'll photo-doc the process to fill you in.

-Eric
    '91 Mustang GT/Saleen/Cobra R mut
    Novi 1000, GT-40X heads, GT-40 u/l intake, E-cam, 1.72 rr's, yadda yadda... and many other pointless-to-list mods.
    440 rwhp
    430 rwtq
    Pics (yes it actually works now, I'm slowly updating links for new server)

I was thinking of just using a hole saw (1/2") and strategically placing some holes in it in a uniform pattern. I have some metal screen scrap that I picked up for nothing, just can't decide on a clean method to attach it.

I figured that some plastic manufacturer would have come up with an insert wheer ya just cut a hole & then slide their trim piece in, but haven't run across it yet.

Please photo doc and drop me an e-mail or post it on here.

Thanks!!