Thread: whats it sound like ?

Senior SCH Member

whats it sound like ?

wow, slow room here :(

anyway

has anyone heard a V2 with JUST a cone filter on the back of it ?

my old setup had a lot of piping, so no sound getting out of there.
    i'm going to run (haven't started it yet :( ) a cone filter on the back of the blower now. just wondering what it will sound like ?

Senior SCH Member
    ok, i started it yesterday, pics soon.

it sounds pretty damn good. sounds like a cricket, but really fast.

SCH Member
    hey V2-sq do you have a anderson power pipe on yours?

whats ur set up?

Senior SCH Member
    nope, just a filter. my pics are in photopost, have a look.
    97 ex cab 3dr, black, stock 4.3, VORTECH V2 SQ / PowerStroke FMIC, A4

NEW HAMPSHIRE/NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS COUNTRY!!
    Absolutely super quiet!!, I can only hear mine very little at idle, with powerpipe.... Intake makes more noise.... If your exhaust is semi stock up front you will hear it more..
    1988 triple white conv gt
    dss 331 pro bullet 8.5:1,, vortech v-2 sq w/aftercooler and powerpipe, tfs track heat intake , 70mm acufab t/b,,42# inj with 80mm pro-m, tfs t/w heads w/ 600 springs,1.6 svo rkrs, afm b-31 cam, screamin demon ign sys with a 6a, mass air conv with a9l, 255 in tank w/ a t rex ext,,kirban fuel reg with gauge, bbk full length's ,dr.gas x pipe, with 2 chamb flow/m, 373's and new built Tremec TKO, anderson 04 PMS..

SCH Member
    hey guys, my head unit says v2 on it, started her up last night for the first time with the new motor an the supercharger and it is LOUD !! I8, our combos are very similiar, did u notice how loud it was when u first started her up?

The difference between combos are exhaust, and throttle body an cam.. But it sounded like a v1.. Are all v2's SQ units?

I have a 75mm accufab and i have spintech exhaust instead of flows and a crower cam w/ 1.7's.

honestly, I can barely hear it over the engine at idle outside the car, inside, I can't hear it at all,, I have longtubes with a dr. gas, so my car is loud... What kind of oil are you using? I'm using 10/30 valvoline. I don't know if that makes a difference, but the thickness of the oil in it may make a difference, I was told last night at fortes , that some v-2 SQ's are loud and some aren't,, weird......
    dss 331 pro bullet 8.5:1,, vortech v-2 sq w/aftercooler and powerpipe, tfs track heat intake , 70mm acufab t/b,,42# inj with 80mm pro-m, tfs t/w heads w/ 600 springs,1.6 svo rkrs, afm b-31 cam, screamin demon ign sys with a 6a, mass air conv with a9l, 255 in tank w/ a t rex ext,,kirban fuel reg with gauge, bbk full length's ,dr.gas x pipe, with 2 chamb flow/m, 373's and new built Tremec TKO, anderson 04 PMS..

SCH Member
    VERY wierd !!

so its loud when u start it when its cold right?

the very 1st time u started urs was it really loud?

a little louder but it's really hard to tell, still not like the old vortechs, and no it wasn't really loud when I first started it, maybe cause I primed my engine for about 10 minutes when I first started it,, it's all new.... If I knew how to send a video I would, but I'm not that good with computers...

SCH Member
    Man when i started mine up yesterday it was screamin loud ! i thought i had a V1, so did my mechanic.. But damn my car sounds sweet !! sounds like a race car, we have identical combos, so i can imagine how ur car sounds..

Senior SCH Member
    Cobra

take your oil injecter fitting out. look down in the hole. do you see straight gears or cross cut gears ? maybe they mislabeled it.