Thread: Need help using an 80mm C&L MAF

Junior SCH Member

Need help using an 80mm C&L MAF

What did you guys use to connect the blower tubing to the MAF?

The best ATI could come up with was for me to buy a $40 adapter that is supposed to go on a corvette...then pay a muffler shop to bend some tubing.

The only other suggestion I got was to put the stock meter on (which I don't have). He said any meter bigger than 3" was for "race" cars and that I would need to have everything custom made.

I might as well rant while I'm still kind of mad. heh...

I e-mailed them over a week ago with a question, but never got a reply. I called wednesday with my MAF meter question and the guy took my number and said he would call back with an answer. When I didn't hear anything by friday I called back and ended up talking to a different guy. This one said he got my e-mail, but my address was invalid. He resent his reply to the same address and I got it this time. Only problem is that all he did was quote my e-mail. He didn't add anything to it.

Is it just me or do they sound like temp workers that just get paid to answer the phone?

Chad
    78 Regal (stock)
    89 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary (parts purchased, but not installed)
    93 Mustang LX 5.0 ex-FHP car (modified)
    02 Camaro Z28 35th Anniversary (light mods)
    http://members.aol.com/chadtn

Senior SCH Member
    I used some plumbing from home depot. hope this helps
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered