Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Testfit the D1

Thread: Testfit the D1

Junior SCH Member

Testfit the D1

Looks like everything lines up pretty good, no large gaps... then again it's just a moch fitting, so I'm not totally sure how it will end up.

I didn't install the powersteering relocation bracket yet, I don't have a pump or my other accessories in my shop. When I get them here I'll slap them on and take some pics.

Here ya go:

Junior SCH Member

Junior SCH Member

Junior SCH Member
    Looks good man...Good luck!
    94 Z28
    ATI procharger
    hooker long tubes
    msd digital 6 ignition
    SMC alky injection
    Front mount i/c
    3"y-pipe
    3"cutout
    224/236 cam
    1.6rr

Awesome!

Ian

SCH Member
    Darrin, i got my setup ready to go in. If you need any additional pic let me know cause i'm putting mine in today. ken
    I can't hear you scream over my D1SC!!!!!!!!!
    PICS COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!
    DSS super pro bullet 308
    D1SC pullied for 14# Intercooled
    80 mm Univer
    75mm Edelbrock T/B
    Trick Flow Track Heat Upper/Lower
    Twisted Wedge heads
    42# injectors/ no fmu/ PMS
    MSD Digital 6
    Flowtech Inductions- Ed Curtis Custom Cam
    ProMotion TKO and beyond.
    Steeda upper/lower control arms and anti roll bar
    Bullet Racing 6 pt Chrome moly roll cage
    Eaton Race Diff with 31 spline Moser Axles

Ken take lots of pics...

Ian

SCH Member
    Darrin, check out the main bracket. I got the renegade bracket, and by the thickness of yours, you did to. But yours has holes init and mine doesn't. I wonder why??????? i think yours looks cooler. ken
    DSS super pro bullet 308
    80 mm Univer
    75mm Edelbrock T/B
    Twisted Wedge heads
    MSD Digital 6

SCH Member

main bracket difference.

heres the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DSS super pro bullet 308
    80 mm Univer
    75mm Edelbrock T/B
    Twisted Wedge heads
    MSD Digital 6

I don't know... looks like both of you have good sturdy brackets, but there is DEFINITELY a difference. The whole main blower bracket design is different all togehter with. Yours Kobra94, looks like it bolts to the blower in a different location than his for some reason... if you look at his, there are 2 different brackets, one that bolts to the body close to the volute, and the other big one bolts right to the front of the blower. I am trying to figure out why that is different on your kits. His bolts to the blower on 2 different surfaces, and yours only to one just like my P1SC. I can't make out the numbers on your bracket to compare them to his, but it seems like a whole different idea, not just a different revision.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Ya, I noticed the difference when I saw a pic of your brackets on the motor Ken...

I'm not exactly sure why there's a difference? I know you got the D1SC, and I got the standard D1... maybe that has something to do with it...

Also, when you ordered, Procharger knew the blower was going on a 94/95 motor, so maybe that's why the brackets are a little different? Could be...

The brackets I have seem to do a good job of tying the gear housing and the impellar housing together. Between each gap there is a supplied aluminum spacer.

Junior SCH Member
    Sybersport, what year is your car? Which model SC - D1B? R? Isnt the difference due to the Fox vs SN95 front cover depth, etc? Have you tried pushing on the SC and flexing the bracket? Any plans to brace it somehow? I can flex mine fairly easily. I would like to compare bracket numbers if you'll post yours. I will look at mine tonight. Michael Freedman helped me get the combination from ATI and I was told (by ATI) when I bought mine that it was a combination of cog brackets and other parts, and that the cog bracket wasnt as stiff as the others due to the cog setups not needing as much tension as a belt setup. With an 8-rib I still had some belt slip even with an extremely tight belt. I will be going to solid motor mounts and then try to brace it to the frame, maybe a strut tower. Thanks for any info you care to share.

Junior SCH Member
    It's a 1991GT, D1B I believe - 1FA324-D1. I ordered the kit with the powersteering relocation bracket, and the blower bracket is what was included with that kit. When I spoke to procharger they suggested the bracket set-up I ended up getting, since I wasn't using my A/C it's supposed to be a much stronger set-up.

No plans to brace it yet, I'll have to get the motor into the car first and button it all up before I can determine what needs to be done, if anything. I don't know if the bracket will flex, the bolt holes tapped into my heads are pretty shallow so I'm gonna have to cut the bolts down a little so I can tighten them down more. For now I'm just leaving them alone, so I can't do any real ridigity tests.

My bracket # is in the pic near the top, AB003A-1

Junior SCH Member
    I had the same bolt length problem and thought it was just a quality issue. I replaced the bolts with some all-thread of the correct length and lock nuts. What heads do you have? I have TW so they could be the culprit. Your 5th picture shows part of what I think the problem is - how far the head unit is levered out from the head. Please follow up with your post installation experiences.