Thread: Out of box boost? Novi 200 for DOHC 4V

Junior SCH Member

Out of box boost? Novi 200 for DOHC 4V

Alright I swapped a 98 cobra motor into my 98 GT and have decided I want to go the supercharger route when money permits in the future. Doing my research now, I'm really leaning towards a Novi 2000:D (tuner kit), I really like the potential to grow and the efficiency at lower boost levels. My question is...how much boost does the novi 2000 preduce in its out of the box form? I would like to keep boost around 8-9lbs, no higher than 10lbs on the stock internals for now. Also I plan to run 42lb injectors, pro-m MAF, and a 255 intake pump(will i need anything else to complete the tuner kit?). Does this combo sound safe and reliable for a daily driver(for now)? and am I missing anything, other than a good dyno tune(which i plan to get)? Let me know your opions, thanks.

Dillon
    :yipee: :banana: :yipee: :banana:
    1998 GT Auto
    Black w/ Black leather
    *details coming soon*
    4V swap complete

http://www.modularmadness.com/forum

Junior SCH Member
    The Novi 2k will produce about 12# with the stock pulley. With a good tune, you should have no problems running the stock internals. Remember, detonation is what causes these motors to go.
    98 Cobra

wise decision

sounds like you have your ducks in a row on fuel... any exhaust upgrades will compliment this setup of course.. but you already know that.. heh.. good luck i can't wait to get back to install mine :(
    93 black gt

Junior SCH Member
    oh..exhaust is taken care of. I have hooker LTs and o/r x-pipe, and a mac catback(might be switching catback or midpipe for sound reasons).
    1998 GT Auto
    Black w/ Black leather
    *details coming soon*
    4V swap complete

http://www.modularmadness.com/forum