Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
setting idle problems ys kit

Thread: setting idle problems ys kit

SCH Member

setting idle problems ys kit

Did ya gents have to adjust your bypass's my cold idle is bad as it is lean and jumps all over hell and I wonder if adjusting it will help... warm the car and it will actually rev better but still not great and idle surch goes down to about 100rpm. Showing roughly 5 inch's of vac at 750 rpm. Just seams when I adjust the TB screw up it does nothing then jumps 400 rpm all at once to 1200rpm yet my pms still unused but hooked up still says the tps is in idle. I have a stage 1 tfs cam.

Junior SCH Member
    I was told not to touch the bypass. If you think it's the bypass you could hook up a hose to the vacuum port, and suck on it to see if it takes an unusual amount of vacuum to open, but I doubt that is your problem, unless someone already screwed with it.
    302 shortblock, X303 heads, E303 cam, SVO 1.6 roller rockers, Hogans upper, GT40 lower w/ 1" spacer, BBK 70mm throttle body & EGR, 42# inj., A/C elim., Smog Elim., Pro-M 80mm, Diablo Sport "REV Only" chip, Vortech YS trim 12#'s w/ mondo bypass, AFM Power Pipe, MSD 6AL w/ BTM, Aeromotive Competition Fuel System, Ron Davis 3 core aluminum radiator, BBK chrome shorties, MAC H-Pipe, MAC Dumps, Trans Specialties C4 w/ Trans Specialties Custom built 10 XHD HS converter, B&M Pro-Stick Shifter, UPR K-Member, w/ coil overs, Southside upper/lower control arms, Kenny Brown Sub's, Moser 33-spline's, Moser Spool, C-Clip Elim, S&W 8-point cage, 3.73's, Weld Draglites w/ 26 x 10 M/T ET Drags, and 15 x 3 1/2 Draglites on front.

Best time: 10.558 @ 130.19 w/ 1.503 60'

Banned by Admin
    Unplug the IAC and see if anything changes. Mine was bad and I didn't even know it, until it was on the dyno.

Senior SCH Member
    Walt.
    you have to set your idle stratagy, shoot me an email.......
    Spence

8.96/160