Thread: what else is needed with the Novi 1000?

Junior SCH Member

what else is needed with the Novi 1000?

I am saving up for a Novi 1000, and I'm trying to figure out what else I will need to safely run boost on a 137,000 mile motor. I figure I will get the blower first , along with 30lb injectors (or 42lb?), 76mm mass air meter, and 255ph fuel pump. As soon as I get more money together I will get a Edelbrock RPM intake and 65mm throttle body w/ EGR spacer. Then when I get more money I will either get AFR 185's, or Edelbrock heads. Will that be a pretty safe setup for my motor? I already have LT headers and X-pipe. Any other suggestions? I would really appreciate some help, I would like my motor to last long enough so I can save up for another one (if need be). Thanks!!

Glad to see you made it over here.
    Your engine should have no problem living with a good tune and it being in good shape right now.
    Go with the 42lbers. You will also need a bypass valve.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

I second the bypass. And don't forget to 'clock' the mass air meter.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Originally posted by Whistler
    I second the bypass. And don't forget to 'clock' the mass air meter.
    You can clock yours? My wires will only let me turn it one way, which way do you have it clocked?
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Senior SCH Member
    Also don't forget to have the mass air meter recalibrated for the 42lbs injectors and supercharger. You can even go with a blow thru setup if you want to run a blow off valve and sound like a ricer... ;) LOL

Originally posted by sinner
    You can clock yours? My wires will only let me turn it one way, which way do you have it clocked?
    I have mine straight up, so the harness is at 12 o'clock. It's a tight fit with the wires...they're not stretched but there isn't much slack in them either. Try unpluging the harness and clocking your MAF while it's dis-connected...then re-connect your harness when everything is where you want it. It's alot easier than trying to turn the MAF with the harness still connected.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Senior SCH Member
    ok explain to me how you get that ricer sound? I thought it wasthe blow off b4 the mass air that made that turbo sound

Junior SCH Member
    First off, thanks for the quick and helpful replies. This is my first time posting here and I never got such straightforward advice anywhere else. What do you mean by 'clocking' the mass air meter? I'm going to get the mass air meter calibrated for 42lb injectors, but how do you get it calibrated for the supercharger? Mustangmark, how do I set it up for a blow-through setup? I don't want to sound like a ricer, but I got really accustomed to the sound of a blow-off valve after driving my friend's 240SX with a turbo Skyline motor (RB20DET) almost everywhere for him (he has no license). I don't think that it's rice, I think it sounds badass, and definately turns heads. For the bypass valve, where do I get that from? I think I noticed one on Vortech's website. Will that work? Sorry for all the stupid questions but I am new to superchargers and don't want to take any chances when I finally put one in. Thanks very much!!