Thread: Inline Vac Restricter

Junior SCH Member

Inline Vac Restricter

Hey guys,

I bought a used p600b kit. I'm in the process of installing it and I noticed that I"m missing the little inline ristricter that is in;ine off of the needle valve of the FMU. Can you get this part locally or is it something I would have to order. Any help and the specifics of this part would be really helpfull!

Thanks!!
    Dan

I have seen cars both with these installed and without. No difference to my knowledge as to how the FMU works. I'm sure that there is a reason for it to be there, but at the same time, like I said, I have seen cars without them before with no issues.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    It just restricts the amount of boost that the FMU sees when using bigger than the 19lb injectors. If you have 19's you don't use it, if you have 24's and bigger then you use it. It is available at most parts stores and I believe its called a "3/16 vacumn restrictor" .
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    If you don't have that one way check valve installed you'll have a vacuum leak when the needle valve is adjusted out and you're not under boost. I'm missing mine too, so I just have the needle valve closed for now.
    94 GT, with ..........NOTHING yet.