Thread: Question on SFI bellhousing

Question on SFI bellhousing

Need to get an SFI approve bellhousing but here's my dilemma. I currently have the stock t-5 and can't afford to shell out the dough for a TKO and all it's needed components. When it finally goes I would like to replace it with a Tremec. Will an SFI bellhousing for a t-5 bolt up to the tremec 3550 and will the rest of my t-5 components (clutch, driveshaft, etc.) work with a 3550 or will I have to replace when I eventually blow my t-5, BTW my current t-5 has nearly 150k & well over 300 1/4 passes, don't know how it's lived this long
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

All of your stock stuff works with the 3550 except the shifter. The welds on the crossmember need to be cut and it needs to be slid towards the rear of the car. The lakewood scattershield fits both the T-5 and the 3550. Just so you know, knothing from the TKO interchanges with the stock T-5.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

cool, found a decent deal on a used Lakewood housing for a t-5. Thanks!!

Junior SCH Member
    You do know that the Lake wood bellhousing wont work when you upgrade your tranny to a 3550 or TKO. I am in the proces of doing a T-5 to TKO swap and i am doing some reasearch. I found this link. Maybe it will help you out more.
    Click here

Cool article, thanks for the link!!

Senior SCH Member
    Yeah, that is Rudy's article. I know him personally and he does an excellent job writing articles and he is very knowledgeable about what it takes to get the job done correctly.

You might also want to talk to McLeod to see if they are out with a SFI bellhousing now. The quality of their bellhousing is head and shoulders above the Lakewood. I know they changed the SFI certification rules and McLeod was updating their design to comply. With the McLeod, you probably won't have to align it. It is worth checking, but I would be willing to bet that no adjustment is needed.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    I have a McLeod Bell and I am very impressed with it. It fit perfectly, even with my longtubes. And I know that it works with both a T-5 and a Tremec TKO.

Mcleod recommends aligning it, but most of the people I talked to before I bought mine didn't. I bought mine from Don at D&D and he said I shouldn't have to at all. I didn't align mine and everything works perfectly. I would get the McLeod.
    89 GT
    Stock 77K mile short block, Novi 2000 w/race bypass, Holley intake, TFS TW heads, F-cam, Cartech Power Pipe, Pro-M 80, 42# injectors, 255 high press. intank pump, 255 inline pump, BBK 1 3/4 longtubes, and much more...

Best 1/4 mile:
    11.552 @ 128.97 mph on 17" Nitto DR's