Thread: Waterpump?

Waterpump?

Who know's what year model 302's had standard rotation water pumps? I need one, and am not sure what cars had em.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Hey Brandon,
    Any early 70's 302 will work. Make sure you measure how long you waterpump is. Ford makes a short and long snout version. I assume your still trying to straighten out your belt routing?
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Yep, I started it yesterday actually. I for some reason overlooked the fact that i needed a standard rotation pump. My idler and tensioner pullies are both a little out of line causing the belt to wear in the first 10 minutes the motor ran. Kelly at paxton told me that possibly the pullies are backwards, so I'm going out to fix that when I get off of here. The only other thing that went wrong is the fact that 42 psi seems to make the motor stumble on its face when I give the engine a rev. Or atleast I think It's flooding. What do you think?

Brandon

Senior SCH Member
    I installed one of the water pumps from Stewart components. It is their aluminum pump for a 79-85 Mustang. It worked great and the stock pulley bolted right to it with a small adjustment to the mounting holes in the pulley with a rat tailed file.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381