Thread: can anny one help

Junior SCH Member

can anny one help

i through a rod in my 02 gt i guess it was because of detonation.what am i doing wrong i throught i could run my car with out a chip but i guess i was wrong. if i get a chip will it keep my car from doing it again i dont have a bigger fule pump because pro charger said i didnot need one with 8ib of boost.should i go with a JMS chip thanks for anny help.
    02' GT :ps-1c 8lb, 42lb inj, 80 pro-m,70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, plentum spacer, timming advancer, aluminum drive shaft, off-road H pipe

Senior SCH Member

Re: can anny one help

Originally posted by RACINJASON
    i through a rod in my 02 gt i guess it was because of detonation.what am i doing wrong i throught i could run my car with out a chip but i guess i was wrong. if i get a chip will it keep my car from doing it again i dont have a bigger fule pump because pro charger said i didnot need one with 8ib of boost.should i go with a JMS chip thanks for anny help.

I wouldnt run the car w/o a larger fuel pump and a tune. Here is your sig :02' GT s-1c 8lb, 42lb inj, 80 pro-m,70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, plentum spacer, timming advancer, aluminum drive shaft, off-road H pipe

Says you have a timing advancer? If your running advanced timing that could be part of your problem there, along w/ lack of fuel via an aftermarket fuel pump, and a good tune. JMS chip =ok
    Custom dyno burnd chip = even better.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for your help the timing was set at 4 reatarded what size fulepump should i go with a255
    02' GT :ps-1c 8lb, 42lb inj, 80 pro-m,70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, plentum spacer, timming advancer, aluminum drive shaft, off-road H pipe

Junior SCH Member
    I think you should get the 2003 Cobra Fuel Pump/ Tank Setup. Yeah it costs more but works so well. I had a 255 Walbro that came with my Procharger and I had nothing but problems. By that I mean flactuating Fuel pressure, dropping pressure and Part throttle drivability.

Now I have the COBRA setup and the pressure is rock solid. I'm just having drivability problem and I'm sure it's the mass or the chip. I'm getting a reburn in few days then I will take it to the dyno.

Hope that helped.
    95 D1 GT
    01 P1SC GT

Junior SCH Member
    does the 03 cibra pump juist drop right in or do i need to do anny mod's to make it work. how much did you pay for yours.thanks for the help.