Thread: Oil questions

Junior SCH Member

Oil questions

First off I'd like to say great site! Nice to stumble across you guys, I think I'll be staying a while ;)

I'm finishing off a custom install of a Novi 2000 in a 91 Firebird, yeah it's not a Mustang but we cant let you guys have all the fun with the Novi's. After ALOT of fabrication she's up and running. My only obvious problem is an oiling issue. When I got the blower used, it had 2 fittings, one was the oil feed and the other directly opposite it had a plug with a small square hole in it. I had assumed it was just some sort of vent. Wll here is the issue at hand, due to the angle I had to install the blower at, the "vent" sits at the bottom of the blower and dribbles oil fairly steadily. Is this fitting really a vent or just another possible oil inlet? Can I safely just pull the fitting and use a plug or am I going to have to rethink this a bit. Once this little issue is solved she's ready to test and tune, weather permitting here in New York

Welcome to the site.
    The Novi 2000 has more than one place for the oil fitting due to the fact that the blower needs to be clocked differently for diffent applications. Just plug the bottom hole and seal the threads with teflon tape. I hope your not reffering to the oil drain back line . You do have a return line to the oil pan right?
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Welcome to the site.
    Nice change of pace to see some different cars with novi's and as far as the hole in your blower, just plug it, as long as it's not your return hole. In other words, What he said. :)

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    Nope it's not the oil return hole :D Guess I'll just pull the fitting thats in there and put a plug in it then. Just thought it was odd that there would be a fitting with a tiny hole rather then a plug in the first place! Of course I really don't know much about the blowers history other than it came off a truck and was really low miles, which seems to jive with the condition it was in. Looks like it'll be road test time if the weather ever clears out.

Junior SCH Member
    Well I pulled the fitting and got a bit more than expected. Here is a pic of the fitting that was in the other oil hole. Looks like it was a vent of some sort. Gonna plug it and keep an eye on it. Any thoughts anyone?

UMM, THAT LOOKS LIKE THE FITTING YOUR OIL FEED SHOULD BE GOING INTO. THE LONG EXTENSION ON IT IS SO THAT IT WILL SPRAY OIL DIRECTLY ON THE GEARS IN THE BLOWER.

BRANDON