Thread: A Cry For Help

Junior SCH Member

A Cry For Help

Now I have a ī95 Mustang GT /w a NOVI 2000 and... itīs NOT working properly. Iīl lay down what I got.

5.0 HO Stock Block, Std. Bore.
    Stock Heads /w Ported Exh. All Stock Internals (rockers, valves, lifters... etc etc)
    Stock 5.0 HO Upper/Lower Intake
    Forged Pistons 9.4:1 Compr.
    Stock Rods, Polished
    Stock Crank

Paxton NOVI 2000 Supercharger /w 8lbs Pulley (Boost Gauge not showing more than 2-3lbs on full throttle)
    Anderson Power Pipe, K&N Filter
    Granatelli/Pro-M MAF Calibrated f. 30lbs Injectors
    FMS 30lbs Injectors (Stock Fuel Rails)
    Walbro 255lph In-Tank Fuel Pump (Stock regulator)
    MAC 1 5/8" Equal Length Shortie Headers, 2.5" Open Exh. /w Flowmasters

MSD Digital-7 Plus
    MSD Boost Timing Master
    MSD Dist. Cap & 8.5mm Wires
    MSD Blaster 2 Coil

AODE Transmission, 3.73 Gears.

I have the stock computer and itīs not calibrated for the 3.73 gear change (not a good thing, I know). When I got the car it had a Superchip installed which was supposed to correct that, but I doesnīt. I run 28x9 ET Drags at the track.

I took the car to the track on saturday and these are the results:

60ft 2.381
    1/8 9.377
    1/4 14.416 @ 96.35

Noticed that there were 25lbs in the rear tires, changed that to 12lbs and got:

60ft 2.175
    1/8 9.149
    1/4 14.174 @ 96.98

What in gods name is my problem, I had some serious knocking a few days back but got that sorted out. What advice do you have for me.

With high hopes of a good answer....

Thanks.
    1995 Ford Mustang GT, NOVI 2000 Supercharged - 1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Nitrous Assisted

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    first off, unless the superchip is for your blown application, ditch it. No way to adjust fuel pressure? Not a good idea, unless you're running the FMU. 2-3lbs >possible belt slip? That is terrible performance for a N2k car. You should be doing much better.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the reply. I am runing the FMU. The Superchip is not for the blown application and has already been ditched. Didnīt even work properly when it was N/A. Belt slip is likely, I was checking the car a few mins ago looking for a reason, it is very likely. I was checking the Belt Tensioner also and it feels WAY to loose... and the belt has battle wounds, most likely from jumping up on the pulley... but the wound is on the back side (not the ribbed side)

Also I forgot to mention that I have a Crane Cams PowerMax #444221 camshaft that intend to install... I was told that it would NOT work with the stock computer but Chase Knight @ Crane Cams told me otherwise so the cam will be installed.

The performance is NO GOOD.....

Any ideas, comments or tricks ?

Thanks
    1995 Ford Mustang GT, NOVI 2000 Supercharged - 1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Nitrous Assisted

I am not real experienced with the SN95 cars, but my brother has one, and with minimal mods, the computer acted up, so I don't know if the cam is a good choice.. First of all, I would tighten that belt down really good. It isn't going to hurt anything. What is your timing set at? Is your fuel pressure rising under boost?
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

Senior SCH Member
    I'd put it on the dyno and have it tuned and a custom chip burned for it. That should at least help you determine why it's not making power.

Junior SCH Member
    The computer was a pain in the a$$ at first, after I installed the MSD Digital and BTM it was all good. Runs excellent at idle and so on. How can I adjust the tensioner properly so that I can have this tight and good ?

Canīt say about the Fuel Pressure....the gauge is still on itīs way...

What do you recommend on timing ? I have no idea where itīs set right now, I was trying to adjust it at the track between runs so I donīt know exactly where it is now.

Junior SCH Member
    Mark,

Unfortunetly I live in Iceland... and Dyno...well there is no such thing up here... But a custom chip is a must that is true. What would you recommend on that, iīve heard that the Diablo chips are pretty good but I no exp. with computer chips what so ever.

timing should be 10 degrees with the spout out. What octane fuel are you using? if you can't dyno it, i suggest either FordChip.com or JMS for a mail order chip. That will put you in the ballpark as far as a tune goes.
    Neil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

Junior SCH Member
    99oct Shell V-Power is the gas of choice... Iīll look into those chips.