Thread: How much boost can the sn-2000 vr4

SCH Member

How much boost can the sn-2000 vr4

the guy that bought mine was planning on pushing it to its limits anyone know?

I seen about 8-9 on mine....but that is spinning "BALLZ" out of it!!..no pun intended LOL......it will self destruct due to heat especially if you dont run ann oil cooler on it....i made several coolers for my old blower

Mike
    http://mikeymustang.no-ip.org/

SCH Member
    umm hes trying to plan to push it to 16

prey hard for him! it MIGHT do it but not for long esp with no cooling

Mike
    http://mikeymustang.no-ip.org/

SCH Member
    hes trying to make a piping for a procharger intercooler and hes getting a oil cooler

SCH Member
    u think it will be safe with the intercooler and oil cooler?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    He will see maybe 8lbs. If he puts a Intercooler on it with a 3.5" pulley and a 7" crank he will see probably 6lbs. but it will be about 12k rpm over the the units RPM range. If it was really a VR4 he would see more, but since it is just a SN2000 with about 780 cfm he won't get more boost then listed.

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    the VR4 could put out some boost in it's day, a buddy of mine had one pushing 13lbs.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

I personally know of a couple of VR4's that made 14+ back in the day. He shouldn't have a problem making good boost numbers for a little while. The problem is that they don't last with the constant heat cycles of the street. The oil cooler should help a little bit.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

With my power pipe and only a 3.75" pulley on the VR4 I can peak at 14psi with the 8 rib so I calmed it down with a 6 rib and a 4" pulley and it keeps it at 12psi at 6400 rpm so I shift at 5200 rpm to keep it at 8-10psi. I have run my car for hours at the track and my inlet temperature at 10psi+ has been less than my Dads Vortech A-Trim putting out 5psi. I use a nice transmission cooler from TCI that has AN-Fittings and also has its own 6" fan that I just turn on when it is cooling down at the track. I drive my car 25k+ miles a year with the VR4 and never a problem with the unit but have destroyed the 8 rib idler pulley bearing a couple of times.
    I change the fluid every 3k miles or after each trip to the track. I have a article from Super Ford in the 90's and many drivers that had been on top ran the VR4 and with a Cog was putting out 16psi and even changed to the Novi 2000 and went back to the VR4 till Paxton forced them to change because they would not pay out cash for the old supercharger design. Now that is Progress.

SCH Member
    oh yea he was wondering were u get the fluid at? isn't it Type F?

Normal F-Type