Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
anyone want to make thier non adjustable FMU fully adjustable? look within--> - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: anyone want to make thier non adjustable FMU fully adjustable? look within-->

Junior SCH Member
    " only difference in the ADJ. FMU's i have encountered for sale by these well known manufacturers, they bleed boost by means of a bleeder screw & cause a vacuum leak under idle!my method will not due to the ball & spring to seal the air!"

All you need is a one-way checkvalve installed on the bleeder. Just attach a short piece of vacuum hose on the bleeder with the checkvalve on the end of that. The boost reference will vent but the check valve will keep it from becoming a vacuum leak. Piece of cake!

well, thats true, but my statement is still true. they sell an item that causes a vacuum leak, my unit is designed not to from the get go. i was just trying to share my info with everyone here. im certainly not out to rip anyone off. im just trying to get people in touch with the needed parts to make thier own unit...........PLUS the regulator unit i designed is a fully adjustable unit with a gage so you know your ratio(no guessing) & is designed to be mounted inside the car for easy adjustments & plain view of the guage...........

-justin

Junior SCH Member
    You'll still get some leakage that way (probably not significant), the check valve would have to be in the line to the FMU...

Junior SCH Member
    Ok, let me make sure that I've got this right, one more time... you are essentially cutting the line going to the FMU and putting basically a pressure regulator in the line and a bleed between it and the FMU, correct?

yes.......the regualtor has a pressure relief(bleed) built in its design. so yes, this regualtor goes inline to the FMU.......

-justin

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mygt8a4re
    yes.......the regualtor has a pressure relief(bleed) built in its design. so yes, this regualtor goes inline to the FMU.......

-justin
    Do air pressure regulators bleed air under vacuum as well?
    306 dss pro bullet,gt40x aluminum heads,Crane roller rockers,AFM b41 cam, cobra intake upper and lower match ported, 42lb injectors, FMU, pro-m 80 mass air, Morpheus power pipe, 255lph high pressure intank pump, trex inline pump, novi-2000 stock pullies 8-10psi, strange axles, 3:73 gears, full guages, tremec tranny, aluminum driveshaft, msd, msd boost retard, bbk headers, Mac h-pipe w/cats, 2 chamber flowmasters, eibach springs
    HP:446
    TQ:430

depends on the type/style regulator you use. the one i currently use does not cause a vacuum leak, it only bleeds under pressure......

-justin

Junior SCH Member
    How much for one of those preety good ones?

Could someone email me the pics? They are not showing up here!

Boostnitup@yahoo.com
    Rice cars really do suck...

"He who lives longest with all the toys wins... the rest of you are wannabe's"

http://www.turbogm.com/Videos/Grand_Nation...onal/buick.mpeg

Junior SCH Member
    Justin,

Please send me some better pictures. I'm very interested in getting one from you.

thx,
    Troy
    1991 LX
    NOVI 1000
    30# injectors, TFS intake, 373 gears, 5speed,70 mm throttle body, Edlebrock heads

Junior SCH Member
    Are these still around? If so send pics to me at boilerking16@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Mike

SCH Member
    I would buy one!!!

Dawg
    Dawgsgt White 93 GT
    Engine: 331 ci. built by Ohio Crankshaft Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock 6037 heads, Accufab 70mm TB, 1.6 roller rockers, Comp cams, SCT 2800 90mm Mass air, 60lb injectors, Professional Products Hi-Flow fuel rail kit, MSD Timing Retard, Aluminum 2 core radiator, electric vaccum pump.
    Power Adder: Vortech Sci-trim Supercharger with upgraded discharge tube, UPR Powerpipe.
    Suspension: Ground pounder adjustable cast and camber plates, Lakewood 70/30 struts, 50/50 drag shocks, subframe connecters, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms.
    Exhaust: Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers, Dr. gas X-pipe, 2.5 (2) chamber Flowmaster mufflers.
    Electronics: MSD 6AL, Blue Ford Motorsport 9mm wires, MSD Cap and rotor.
    Drivetrain: Stock T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter with a chrome Hurst handle, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.
    Interior: 2 1/16 Dual gauge pod with Boost and Fuel gauges.
    Exterior: Original Oxford white paint job, Chrome 5 Star Pony rims