Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
new 2 belt 8 rib users
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new 2 belt 8 rib users

Senior SCH Member

new 2 belt 8 rib users

Do you have any good pics of the blower? Do you need the stock belt tensioner? Thanks

yes you need the stock tensioner. When I baught my kit they forgot to send me the bracket needed to mount the tensioner.

If you are asking that question it sounds to me like they forgot yours...

Mark

Senior SCH Member
    Actually. I haven't installed it yet but I was told that since I only have alt,water pump and crank. The alternator would act like the tensioner. Thanks for the pic though. How long did it take you to install

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    alternator act as tensioner? Now that is a new one! How do you suppose it will take the slack out of the belt? You would need an adjustable bracket to supply the needed tension.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Senior SCH Member
    OH. I was told by Jack @ MM that the alt will be the tensioner. I was thinking kinda like the 80's gm's swiveled @ the alt.

no, the alt doesnt swivel to take up the slack, it bolts directly to the blower bracket through to the main bracket, then hooks to the smog pump, or smog delete pulley. you must have one of these regardless what anyone tells you! the alt connects to the smog pump or eliminator with a bracket. w/o this bracket the alt cannot be supported & w/o the smog pump you cannot hook the bracket..... im not sure what jack was thinking when he said th alt could be used as the tensioner, he ws probably thinking of another vehicle! you do have a fox body mustang right?
    i also had the tensioner bracket missing from my kit, appearently this was common in the first several kits that were sent out......

nah everything has no adjustment...

uhhh well I can't give you a time nor a estamated time :)
    It was fairly easy actually.

I can't give a time because:
    1. I stripped out a few bolts, had to re-tap the hole
    2. Waited for my alt bracket from paxton
    3. Found out I needed a smog pump elim kit from steeda.

It was easy though the hardest is tapping the oil pan, but thats not even hard.

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Senior SCH Member
    ok I'll get the smog elim. Also, do I need the stock bracket at all with the alt,smog pump or does the new blower take place of all that? Reason I ask is becasue I don't have the factory one anymore

no, the factory bracket would be removed & replaced with the main support bracket & the flat blower bracket. the alt gets relocated to the bottom of the new bracket & the smog stays in a similiar location to stock. just to add, UPR products sells the smog delete pully for $45..........

you can look in my gallery for pics
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    ok guys you know the blower better than me. I haven't installed it yet but want to make sure I have all that I need to do the install in 1 day. I have the water pump spinning the opposite way and have only the 3 accessories spinning. Can you see by remembering the install if I can get by with just moving the alt. to below the blower and not needing a smog elim. or anything? Thanks

you must have the smog pump eliminator pully. its critacal for the proper belt routing & no interference. plus as i mentioned previously, the smog pump & eliminator bracket have a tapped hole that allows one of the alt brackets to mount to it........double check your parts list to be sure all parts are there. especially the tensioner bracket mentioned above. it was left out of some kits & was not on the parts list either...other than that make sure you have fresh oil, oil filter, fresh coolant, a NPT tap for the oil return pan fitting & dont forget to regap the plugs before all the blower parts are installed(.035)....
    good luck,
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    ok but I got rid of the stock bracket for alt,smog. I don't need it do I? just the smog elim for the paxton bracket.

Also what does the part look like that you guys didn't get with the kit?

Originally posted by KoolRockSteady
    ok but I got rid of the stock bracket for alt,smog. I don't need it do I? just the smog elim for the paxton bracket.

Also what does the part look like that you guys didn't get with the kit?
    No you don't need the stock bracketing.

The part they didn't get is the little braket plate thingy (look to picture) just in front of the thermostat housing that the tensioner is bolted to. Atleast this what I think they didn't get.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Yeah the bracket is almost shaped like a square look at my pic above at the tensioner, right in front of the thermostat housing.

On the new style SC "seperate belt drive" You need a smog pump elim kit. There is no way to route the belt without have a extra pulley to bring the belt up high enough so it is not hitting the water pump pulley.

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)