Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
new 2 belt 8 rib users - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new 2 belt 8 rib users

Senior SCH Member
    OK I see what your saying about needing the smog pump but even though I will run the belt on the other side of the waterpump so it spins counterclockwise. It still won't work huh? If you guys are telling me that wont work then cool. Just wanted to make sure for the 6th time..lol

well I don't know of how the belt routing would go, so I can't say for sure that you need it.

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Senior SCH Member
    this is how mine looks right now. See how the water pump spins backwards?

http://www.novipower.com/photopost/s....php?photo=553

The smog can be eliminated with an idler. My belt was getting offly close the water pump so I needed a little more lift. I took out one of the long 7" existing bolts and bought a 7 1/2" bolt. From here I found an idler pulley from another engine and with some washers etc. I put this idler right on the bracket beside the smog pump, this will now give the lift needed to eliminate the smog pump, I left mine on cause otherwise I need a new belt and the smog is gutted anyways.
    I should have pics in the week or so.

I'm running w/p backwards and it makes no difference.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

hmmm, so you can run the waterpump either direction? i thought it had to spin in the direction of the impeller inside?
    koolrocksteady, i see you have the w/p, alt & crank all spinning the same direction. unfortunately if you just lower the alt to its new location the angle of the belt from the alt to the w/p will be too steep causing the tensioner to hit the w/p pulley. with the new blower bracket the tensioner is located directly above the w/p pulley so the tensioner would rest on the w/p pulley since theres no belt tension between them. you will have the same issues even with the added smog delete pulley. you will either need to add both an a/c delete pulley & a smog delete pulley & reroute the belt so the w/p spins as it did factory OR find a custom location for an added idler pulley wich would allow you to run your current set up w/ no added deletE kits(as sinner mentioned above).
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    I think he has a standard rotation pump, not a reverse rotation. They both do the same thing, they just turn in different directions.

If you run a reverse rotation pump as a standard rotation your motor will overheat in no time at all and could lead to damage.

Sorry I didn't mean "backwards" in terms of the w/p spinning. I just routed the belt around the w/p backwards, it still spins the the same way.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Senior SCH Member
    Well, I checked and I do have the bracket that Paxton seems to forget in the package so that's a good sign.

I have the stock waterpump and I'm spinning it backwards. It doesn't everheat nor does it get over 180 degree's. I would suggest a standard rotation wp so it';ll move more water but this is working fine for me. My friend in AZ also does this and he has no problems either