Thread: NEW member looking for some info on NOVI 1000

Junior SCH Member

NEW member looking for some info on NOVI 1000

Hi everyone,
    In the next couple of days I am going to be buying my first supercharger/poweradder. I have a couple questions for you experts. I have a stockshortblock(93'), with TW heads, TF intake,E-cam, 24lbs,190lt fuel pump,75mm MAS,65mm TB on the motor. How much boost can I except, and how much of a HP/Toq. gain?
    Also, will the FMU suppiled in the kit work with my 24lbs. injectors?
    I really don't want to have to buy new ones at this point. Will I need a T-REX? THANKS for anyhelp you an offer.
    93GT
    Rebuilt shortblock w/ forged pistons,TW heads, TF intake,e-cam,24 FMS,75mm Pro-M,65mm TB,MSD,Novi 1000,3:55/T5,275's out back and a bunch of other stuff..

Your car will be way too rich with the supplied fmu. Safe but real rich. I imagine that your 190 pump will keep up. You won't believe how much better it will run with a mass and large injectors!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

The 190 will work fine until you up the boost, I ran about 7#'s boost on 24# inj. and I believe a 155 pump. You will run rich w/ the FMU, esp. in boost; someone here has figured out a way to adjust the FMU in 1:1 increments, try searching & if no luck than post the question.

My old set-up was similiar to yours & I saw about 5#'s boost (TFS intake,heads, stock cam, 24#'s and 4.10's :D) in stock form and about 7#'s with a larger crank pulley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th