Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
plug gap?????

Thread: plug gap?????

Senior SCH Member

plug gap?????

Hey guys, I just installed the ford motorsport 32 degrees, one range colder plugs on my stang, I am running 5psi, what gap should they be at, what if I run more boost, what about when you put on msd 6al, do you need a small gap and colder range plugs? Thanks in advance.

Senior SCH Member
    i'd set your gap to 32 right now if you don't have an ignition system otherwise you can blow the spark out when the boost starts to come on. when i first installed my novi with the f150 pulley i would blow the spark out when i was in the 3-5psi range because i had them gapped at 45. i lowered them to 32 and that got me by until i put an MSD ignition on then i gapped them back to 45. one range colder will be fine, i wouldn't go any colder than that though.

you have your timing @ 32 degrees? id be careful with that!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    no, the timing is at 10, my plugs are motorsport 32 degrees, do you need the colder range with low boost and msd ignition?

i dont think they are necessary at lower boost levels. i run accel race shorty plugs that are the same heat range as stock with no probs. i only have the performance distributors TFI module & screamin demon coil & im gapped at .035 with no blow out......
    i truely believe your 12:1 FMU is suppliying plenty of fuel to cool the chambers at those levels.........
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!