Thread: Fuel system questions.

Fuel system questions.

Due to the wonderful instructions that was included with my Novi 1000, I am just somewhat confused as to how I should hook up my FMU. I am also not experenced with the fuel system on my car so I am learning as I go. So far I replaced my fuel pressure regulator with the areomotive adjutable one, got the lines connected to the fuel lines to the FMU and have the upper intake reinstalled. Just to make sure I hooked the FMU up right, I connected into the fuel line that is smaller in diameter that goes stright to the fuel pressure regulator not the larger line that connects to the fuel injectors. This was the way I read the instructions but there was not a diagram for this. I am confused because I just don't understand how the FMU is going to operate to incrase fuel pressure if it conects in this mannor. I would think that the adjustable regulator would need to be online before the FMU. Maybe I am just confused. would someone please explain to me how this works, Thanks
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

The FMU utilizes the fuel return line (smaller dia. line) to restrict the fuel flow back to the fuel tank, which in turn raises the fuel pressure.

Think of it this way, you have a container with an inlet line and an outlet line. Apply restriction to the outlet, while maintaining the same pressure on the inlet and a resulting increase of pressure within the container will result.

Hope this helps some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Ok now it all makes sence I just couldn't figure the concept out just by looking at it. Thanks
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.