Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dyno results are in...Disappointment!

Thread: Dyno results are in...Disappointment!

Dyno results are in...Disappointment!

My car was put on the dyno this morning. I had to work so I wasn't there for the pulls but I went after work to get the sheet and talk to the tuner. I never got a chance to put on my F150 crank pulley so these numbers are with the stock pulleys (I see about 5.5 psi).

RWHP: 246
    RWTQ: 260

My motor is stock except for a 76mm MAF and exhaust (shorties, dynomax catted h-pipe and mufflers). I was expecting to be on the plus side of 250 rwhp :( My a/f ratio was 12.2:1

How much are my heads holding me back? I'd really like to hit 300 rwhp without touching the heads, intake, or cam. I'm thinking a BTM and a 7.5" crank pulley should put me over the edge.

I'll scan my dyno sheets later tonight...you'll see, it's a pretty ghetto printout but at least I have some numbers to go from now.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Here's the sheet:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Dan

You're not far off from where it should dyno out at. Most Mustangs dyno out around 190 rwhp when stock and 5.5 lbs of boost is only gonna give you around 65-70 rwhp. What other mods do you have specifically? You mention exhaust, but how big? Blower cars like 2 1/2" pipes front to back. Timing can make big differences in the power you make as well. You can hit 300 rwhp without touching what you mention but it's gonna take at least 10 psi of boost and a good exhaust system. At that boost level an ignition box with retard (or a chip with timing tables to take care of that) is a must. Typically the stock ignition runs into trouble around the 4000+rpm range and will start to miss. I think with some tuning you can get it just over 250 as it is.

Forget all that crap I said. You're making plenty of power. I just noticed your dyno sheet and it says "Mustang Dynamometer" In case you didn't know, they register quite a bit lower than the more well known and accepted "DynoJet" brand chassis dyno. I've seen dyno tests of one car on both machines showing as much as 50 rwhp differences. If Im not mistaken the general rule of thumb is a 10% difference between the two so you are more than likely around the 270 rwhp point. There, feel better?:D

Helps sometimes when you've got eyes like a HAWK!:p

Dan, have you also considered trying out a set of 1.7 Rocker arms, with the boost you should benefit pretty decently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

The Mustang dyno strikes again.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Junior SCH Member
    I had my Corvette run on a Mustang Dyno. It was rated at 300 bhp and put out 231.1hp and 276 lb-ft on the dyno. It ran a 13.39 at 104mph, so those numbers have to be somewhat conservative.
    '88 LX Coupe, 410 cubic inch FRPP W351 block, TFS-R heads, GT-40 lower, Holcomb Civil Wars upper, Cam Motion solid roller, Paxton Novi 2000 cog drive S/N 5154, Tremec TKO, FRPP EPEC stand alone.

'94 Corvette Coupe, LT1, 6 speed, 13.391 @ 104.41 mph

Thanks for the "pick me up" Hawk ;)

My exhaust is 2 1/2" front to back and if I decide to go with a 7.5" crank pulley, a MSD ignition with a BTM is a MUST! I figure the 7.5" crank pulley should put me well over 10 psi and that would be plenty to hit 300 rwhp.

I've considered the idea of buying 1.7 rockers but I would really like to wait until I do the heads. That way, I can do both at the same time.
    ~Dan

More than likely when ya go with new heads they will be stud mount and down the road, most combo's are built around 1.6 rr's. I was thinking that you could pick up a cheap used set of 1.7 rr's ped. mount off the corral and then when you upgrade, sell the 1.7's for close to what ya paid for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I could probably pick up a used set of 1.7's for pretty cheap along with a MSD ignition and my 7.5" ASP pulley but I'm going to be buying a home in the coming months so I'd like to hold off for now... Just when I thought I was done with mods for this year...along comes a new batch.

Thank god i don't have a girlfriend, I'd feel bad for her. My car would be getting all my $$ and time ;)
    ~Dan