Thread: New Member w/ Questions

Junior SCH Member

New Member w/ Questions

OK GUYS, I am a NooB and came across your website yesterday as I was searching on ways to add horsepower to my mustang. I just got back from the DYNO and it put down 310/327 with belt slippage and tire spin. I was told that I would have to change the 19lbs injectors and the MAF before I could see any additional power, so I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone know what is the size of the belt from Paxton for the Novi 1000? I was told to get a 2-3in shorter belt because my tensioner was bottomed out.
    2. If I upgrade my injectors to the 42lbers with a calibrated MAF would I have to upgrade my fuel pump to feed these thirsty injectors? I am using Paxton's FCU. And I was told that with the 42lbers I would need a tune and a chip burned for this application.
    3. Is the Lightning MAF a plug and play for the Mustangs? I have come across a few of these and was wondering.
    4. I have seen a few member on here use the F150 Crank Pulley so what is the benefit of the F150 Crank pulley?? What size is it? What size is the stock Mustang crank pulley? Should I get an F150 or an 8in Crank Pulley
    5. What size is the stock Novi 1000 pulley?? and what would a 2.75 pulley net me??

My goal is approximately 9-10lbs of boost and upper 300 hrspwr/maybe low 400 (At the wheels). Any information is appreciated :D

Welcome to the site!

First off there are 2 different NOVI 1000 kits. The first kit was a single belt set up where the supercharger was driven by the 6 rib accessory belt. The newer upgraded kit is 2 belt set up where the supercharger has its own 8 rib drive belt.
    We need to know which kit you have to answer alot of your questions.

42# injectors and a properly calibrated mass air are a good idea when you want to step up the power. I would get a Walbro GSS 340 intank fuel pump to go with the new injectors. The pump is inexpensive and is a straight swap with the one in your tank right now.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the recommendation Chuck.

I have the single belt set up where the supercharger was driven by the 6 rib accessory belt.

Well then to answer your other questions....

The F-150 crank pulley would be a good improvement over the stock unit. The stock crank pulley is 5.85 inches and the F-150 pulley is 6.5 inches. The larger crank pulley will spin the NOVI faster bring the boost on a little quicker.

The stock pulley on your NOVI is 3". I used the 2.75 on my blower with the F-150 crank pulley with a power pipe and saw between 10-11#'s of boost. The boost will depend on how restrictive your set up is.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Junior SCH Member
    Here is a list of my mods:

3.73 Gears
    Flowmasters Catback Exhaust
    303 Cam
    Subframe Connector (WELDED)
    Ford Motorsports Clutch
    Aluminum Drive Shaft
    MSD 6AL
    Taylor Wires
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    T-5 Transmission
    Electric Fan
    PBR 4 Wheel Disk Brake
    GT-40 (Explorer) Intake Upper and Lower
    GT-40 (Iron) Heads
    NOVI 1000 SUPERCHARGER
    H-PIPE
    MAC coated Shortie Headers

So with the mods above what do you think???
    Chuck would you recommend the 40lbs injectors with that same MAF that you have on your set up for mine??? Any particular year(s) F150 pulley??? and what size belt would I need with the F150 crank and the 2.75 blower pulley? Also do you have a By-pass Valve installed with this set-up?

THANKS AGAIN.
    Last edited by prican_2000; 09-20-2005 at 12:00 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    TTT :obscene:

Hey,

I wouldnt use the meter that I had. Alot of people have no luck with them and end up buying a Pro M meter instead. 42# injectors would be good for your set up but you could probably go as small as 36 without issue if you found a set cheap.

I am not sure of the year for the F 150 pulley try searching the forums for it Im sure its been discussed, There used to be a real good NOVI 1000 crew in here so there should be lots of info.

As for the bypass valve I think all supercharged set ups should use one. You will find the car will run better with one because the supercharger wont surge air against the TB.

The belt size you might try searching for aswell, There are alot of different pulley configurations so belt size could vary. I didnt have air condioning on mine so I had to get my own belt for the kit because the kit wasnt intended for cars without it.