Thread: Just Got My Novi 1000 ?????

Junior SCH Member

Just Got My Novi 1000 ?????

I am new to the superchrger world. I just purchased the Novi 1000 kit. The first problem I ran into was my car doesnt have AC and the belt is rubbing. Do you have to run A/C wit hthis setup or is there another way to run the belt? 2nd. The fuel lines seem to be in the way behind the blower. how and where can I move them to? Are there any other tricks that I need to know? I read somewhere something about the tube form the Oil filler to the TB? What do I need to do with this? Thanks Guys I hope that I can get some answers soon. Thanks Dave

oh its going on a 90 GT
    Last edited by davesslow50; 09-22-2005 at 05:48 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    Dave,

-Yes you have to run a smog pump or buy a smog pump delete bracket/pulley (I think they are like $65 and if you do a search I'm sure you will find the best place to pick one up from)

-For all the info reguarding the bypass valve just go to the "Novi 1000 FAQ's" post at the top of the Novi 1000 forum.

-Cap the ends of the tube running from the oil filler neck with a rubber nipple and a small hose clamp. I think that is mentioned in the instructions but I'm not sure.

And last but not least, get that puppy on and running and mash the pedal to the floor... then grin from ear to ear!!! :)

Later, Ryan
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

Junior SCH Member
    do you know what size belt I have to run? and do i have to run the stock water pump pulley, cause the one i have on there now is the march underdrive pulley and its really close to the crank pulley. Thanks Dave

Senior SCH Member
    If you aren't running A/C I dont know. I am sure someone on here can tell you though or you can do a search. If you are using an 8" crank pulley I think you will have to put back on your stock water pump pulley, I know I did. If you are running the standard 6.87" crank pulley I think it will clear.