Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Novi 1000 8" Crank Pulley Club

(Beavis Voice ON) VOID IT!! VOID IT!!

(voice off)

:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

hehe, trust me, i hear the voice in my head......its been there since this weekend!

-justin

sinner said he picked up 4mph with the pulley. Thats about what i can hope for.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    when you put the 8" on are there any mods yuu have to do to make it fit..or does it slip on like a rubber =)

went right on there no problem. just needed both a longer blower belt & then a shorter acc belt(since the acc drive is underdriven)

-justin

Senior SCH Member
    is this 8" crank a two piece? or will a serpentine belt work?

Justin, I undrstand your wanting to void, it's gone through my head too. Just put a powerpipe on it and try to hold on to your warrenty.
    Originally posted by regattacoupe
    sinner said he picked up 4mph with the pulley. Thats about what i can hope for.
    No I picked up 4 MPH just by adding a powerpipe, the crank was already on. Sorry I had just worded it wrong previously.

As soon as I bought my Novi I put the 8'' crank on with it so I'v never run the stock crank, I don't know how much I would have gained from the crank alone.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Bummer....justin we may have an online chat party and void void void together!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

sinner, ive had a powerpipe. with the two together i only see 8psi. dont get me wrong, the car runs great. but i was under the impression i was going to go from 7 to 10psi......(im rating all boost numbers at 6k)

the void together chat sounds great. my only fear is what do we have after the blower pulley upgrade? i put the water injection project on the back burner for a tad but i think im going to go back to it. i think the capability to run even more timing with my setup would be very pleasing. not including intake temps being dropped to close to ambient temps under full boost!! ill see how that goes before the blower pulley swap....but im open for a chat on it =)....let me know if a chat gets underway!

brent, where was that information about what rpms we are spinning the blower with "x" pulley at the crank & "x" pulley at the blower? do you remember? i want to do some figuring.....thanx
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    mine is already void,,im doing the blower pulley upgrade

Senior SCH Member
    where do you get the water injection system at anyhow?

Originally posted by mygt8a4re
    sinner, ive had a powerpipe. with the two together i only see 8psi. dont get me wrong, the car runs great. but i was under the impression i was going to go from 7 to 10psi......(im rating all boost numbers at 6k)

brent, where was that information about what rpms we are spinning the blower with "x" pulley at the crank & "x" pulley at the blower? do you remember? i want to do some figuring.....thanx
    -justin
    I don't know about your boost #'s, I was seeing 8 with the crank and with the pipe I went up to 10lbs. I also don't remember what kind of setup you have, I have edelbrock heads and intake with stock bottom end and cam.

Let me know what you find on RPM's with a smaller pulley.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods