Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Novi 1000 8" Crank Pulley Club - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Novi 1000 8" Crank Pulley Club

I broke down and ordered the vortech pulley from summit. I see where they had it for 159 so i pick it up. It's on back order but it it supposed to ship the 20th. At least I'm in the club!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

im hoping my ASP 8" will be here by 2moro! so im in the club too =)
    -justin

yeah! pulley got here last night, ill install it this weekend. so im official now, dont know what # member i am for the 8" crank but who cares, 10+psi here i come =) (water injection goes on next week too(excited)).......
    -justin

congrats! welcome to the club!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    dang Justin i still don't have mine yet from ASP and i ordered it over 5 wks ago......oh well any day i guess, they had to make mine
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Frank,

Don't feel bad... took me over 6 weeks to get mine :cry: ASP custom makes the 8" crank pulley for Novi users.

Sometimes waiting sucks...

However it will be worth the wait :D
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

thanx guys.....i guess i got lucky, they had my model pulley in stock!

frank, shut up! you got anal amounts of horsepower anyways, lol! have you guys seen his heads, cam, intake & 7-3/4" pulley? hehe, it's all about feeding the addiction huh? lol!

-justin

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Originally posted by mygt8a4re
    thanx guys.....i guess i got lucky, they had my model pulley in stock!

frank, shut up! you got anal amounts of horsepower anyways, lol! have you guts seen his heads, cam, intake & 7-3/4" pulley? hehe, it's all about feeding the addiction huh? lol!

-justin
    I know dude .....waiting just sucks.....when do i get a ride ?
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

lol, anytime man.........your car is insane, noone knows it yet though, you have a real air mover, serious cfm under your hood frank!....see you at sonic 2moro night if your going.....=)
    -justin

I just made a homemade power pipe 4" diameter. I gained 2 lbs of boost which now puts me at 10lbs with my 8" crank and I went from a 114.7 MPH to 118.3 MPH.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Senior SCH Member
    awesome, how did you do it? also, are you running stock heads and intake, exhaust? nice numbers

No I have RPM heads, typhoon intake, shorty equal length headers and 2 1/2" all the way back.

I bought a **** load of materials, and basically made it out of plastic and rubber. It took a lot of cutting and trial and error but it worked out in the end, now to build a bunch and throw them on ebay (hehe).
    I'm leaving right now on vacation so if there's any more questions they wont be answered for a couple of weeks.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

well, thought id post here to let the other revised guys know i put my 8" crank pulley on this weekend...im a bit unpleased. i only got 1psi of boost from it. i was hoping to hit 10psi.....the only benefit other than the 1psi is that the boost comes in sooner. i was expecting a few psi gain out of this, at least 2 anyways. i actually think i lost power since i pulled the initial timing way back before running it. the timing pullback cost me way more horsepower than i made. im going to put a couple more degrees back in it since i only gained 1psi.........looks like sinner & i got the same results...barely 8psi!....i may be voiding my warrenty hear soon.....im really out for 10psi
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    how much bigger is it then the crank pulley that comes with the kit? Also what size pulley is on the head unit with the kit? I ran a powerdyne on one of my other stangs, and with a 7" crank pulley, and 2.93" blower pulley, I saw 10lbs. on the gauge. Not worth the money for the pulley if guys are only seeing a gain of 1lb. Do you guys have aftermarket intakes, cam and heads? That could be the reason you are only seeing a gain of 1lb.? Better flowing, less resistance, just a thought

well, i went out romping on it when it was a little cooler this evening(not really cool, just alot less hot than afternoon heat/humidity here in fla.) i saw a 1.5psi increase at 6k.........still not real satisfied.........

cobra33, the novi1k crank was 6.88" & the blower is 3.5". theres obviously more room to grow, i was just expecting way more from this 8" crank! lastly, yes i have heads, intake cam & all the goodies but that would effect your initial boost at installation, then your upgrades would increase the same just at a lower boost level, thats why i gave my results in psi increase instead of overall boost........

hmmm, to void or not to void, this is the question =)

-justin