Thread: ProCharger Brackets

Junior SCH Member

ProCharger Brackets

Hi,

I am installing a PS1C on a Mercedes, passenger mount. I would like to know if anyone would have a suggestion on which braket would be a good starting point.

I am looking for a braket that is flat and has the tensioner already. We will then build a bracket that weld to this one.

I am going to buy a kit without an intercooler and with a bypass valve. I was guessing the carb setup would have this type of bracket.

We are fabricating out piping and end caps for out intercooler.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

It's hard to say, because honestly, all of ATI's brackets are specifficaly designed for each application, for example... the P1SC kit for an 87-93 Mustang... both intercooled and non-intercooled it mounts off of the AC bracket, so if you don't have the same exact bracket in the same exact place with the same exact spacing and everything, that won't work for you. The renegade version has it's own brackets that mount directly to the engine and then to the blower bracket, but again, if your heads and block aren't tapped and threaded in the same exact place, then your mounting points aren't going to work at all. There are a few people on here that have completely fabricated their own brackets ground-up, so obviously it can be done, but honestly I think that may be your only option. You are going to need to come up with some sort of bracketry that goes between either existing accessories and brackets or the engine, and the blower bracket itself, or just the blower. Many people with custom cars have done this too. Fortunately I didn't have to do that with my brackets, only the tubing.

Maybe compare the car you are doing with a Mustang to see how different things are, call up ATI, they might have a suggestion... if not, then you may just want to get just the head-unit and any intercooler that you may want, and just start from there.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Hi Don,

We are probably going to just fabricate them completely. I was hoping there was a flat, universal type bracket that we could create a bracket to bolt to.

Thanks,

Chris

There probibly is... did you try calling ATI up yet?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I tried to talk to a tech, but I could not get past the salesman.

They are sending me out a core head unit for fitment. I asked them to send me a couple of the standard flat brackets and the tensioner. The bracket that bolts to the head unit, not to the engine.

He told me that they were $450 each. He was not very helpful.

Any suggestions on how to get to a real tech that knows all of their products?

Senior SCH Member
    have you tried contacting a mercedes tuner im always reading that renn tech offers blower kits for the benz try giving them a call, dont have number but sure you could find one in a magazine. hope this helps
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Junior SCH Member
    Kleemann and Renntech believe that because you own a $70,000 Mercedes you should pay $17,000 to $20,000 for a supercharger.

Procharger believers that if you own a $50,000 Corvette or a $35,000 350Z or Cobra you can pay about $5000.

There are now companies that can tune your Mercedes ECU, so going with those guys is not required anymore.

We have a Palm ODBII reader and an A/F reader that will give the ECU tuner everything they need to tune us right.

We might have even gotten past the Fuel Pressure issue.

Thanks

Junior SCH Member
    I built my own bracket and tensioner mount for my 469" mopar using 6061 T6 aluminum in 1/2 and 3/4 thicknesses. From the other blower brackets I have seen, mine is overkill and has worked excellent so far. If you have the headunit it shouldn't be to difficult. I started with 3/4" plywood and mocked everything up. I also made all the piping out of 3" exhaust pipe and a box of Hooker Headers mandrel bends, then had it all plated. Pics of my car and bracket are in the photoposts, and I have a bunch more I can email. Good luck on your Benz
    Justin
    Mopar_211@hotmail.com
    77 Procharged + Intercooled Charger Daytona
    Justin