Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ramcharger Dual Electric fan install pics

Thread: Ramcharger Dual Electric fan install pics

Ramcharger Dual Electric fan install pics (UPDATED 07/08/03!!!)

After reading Ian's success with this fan on his Mustang, I made the decision to try one on Project Blown Bird. I know some of you have been interested in this fan setup for your cars. It's hard to find any good pics of one installed so I took some pics so all can get an idea of how it looks on the rad. Install was very straightforward as the wiring is pretty much done for you. You only need to connect + and -. The fan body requires some mods to fit as can be seen in the pics and I mounted it by making some very simple L shaped brakets out of some 16 gauge steel strap. The rad is a direct replacement stock rad except it's 3 core. I've also included a pic of one installed on a Griffin Rad in a Mustang with an 8 rib Vortech setup to give you an idea of clearance. It should clear a Novi 2K no problem as the fan's total depth at it's widest point is no more than the stock fan shroud. I've also included a link to the Ramchargers product page for this fan. I'll let you know how it all works when I get the motor in the car.

RAMCHARGER FAN

UPDATE: 07/08/03

I finished dropping in my engine today and took some pics with rad and fan installed. As you can see with a Novi 2K and it's 10 rib pulleys, it juuussst fits! There's a 1/4" of clearance between the blower pulley and the closest point on the fan body (there's enough meat on them to clearance it if required but it will be fine) It also comes very close to the tensioner pulley blot for the blower as ther is about a 1/4" there as well. Again the fan has enough meat to claerance that area. It's a tight fit but it's doable. Hell I just might be the first guy who's tried this!
    :D

SCH Member
    Looks nice!

Are you going to run that off the stock alternator or do you have an upgraded alternator?

Thanks,
    Jermey
    1990 Mustang GT
    N/A 302 - FTI Combo

Looks good...

It DID NOT clear my 12 rib setup, but 10 should be ok.

Ian

I have a 130 amp alternator from the 2.3 that i needed to power my stereo so that's covered.

Ian: I think ATI has their blower pulley out a little bit further on the crank than Paxton or Vortech. Maybe you could measure it from it's mounting point on the crank damper to it's outer lip and I can compare it to my 2K pulley and we can have that info in case it might be of any use to people on your other forums.

Wow hawk I am doing mine on sunday and that is exaclty the pic I needed.:)

Now If I can just find that pic of where Ian rammed is coolant bottle.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Steve,

I tried finding the pic of the overflow but I had no luck.

Ian has way to many pics published on the net, its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I believe that he has the filler in the hole behind the headlight on the drivers side.

It is tie-wrapped into place
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Here is an old pic:

I have now gone with a Summit racing can for my overflow.

Ian

oh duh

Ian how did you fasten that inside? Zip-ties?

I am thinking of useing a mark 8 cause they have long necks on them and I am thinking of mounting it in the same spot. With the long neck it will give me me height to add flewed.

I didn't finish reading chucks post :)

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Got it done and it works great. I can sit in traffic for days now with the heater off and the temp control on cold.:) LOL that is just on low.

I got my overflow/return bottle stuffed up in there like Ian's pic and I used a 3/8" wide tyrap to hold it to the metal fender support. It isn't going anywhere.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Junior SCH Member
    are all of you guys running street cars with the dual speed fans? I was talking it over with my brother about these fans for his car but his is race only and just a dual high speed fan setup would probably work best.

what difference in temp are you seeing with the Ramcharger setup?
    Paul

the only guy here with a car in so many pieces he can't remember how to put it all back together...........

big dreams of a dart 351 based carbed setup and a Jerico 4 spd dance through my head...........