Thread: Anyone with a blow-thru setup?

Junior SCH Member

Anyone with a blow-thru setup?

I was wondering if anyone here has a blow-thru setup on their Novi 1000? I am about to buy a mass air meter, and I might decide to go with the blow-thru MAF. What else will I need? I did a 'search', but couldn't find anything helpful. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!!

As far as I know, we have nobody running a blow-thru setup on here.

Would you mind shedding some light as to why you would consider a blow-thru set-up, the pro/cons of doing so. Maybe we all can be educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I think there is a guy in the corral.net using a blow through setup.

I think he goes by Bills87GT.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Junior SCH Member
    Yea, that's also what I read. I looked up some posts by him in the search and couldn't find anything. Does anybody have a direct link to his post about his blow-thru setup? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!

Junior SCH Member
    I am thinking of trying a blow through set up. The reason is it is much easier for a blower to blow through something, then to suck through something on the inlet side. That is why power pipes work so well and fancy discharge pipes usually do squat.

Originally posted by btlfed306
    fancy discharge pipes usually do squat.
    WHo ever told you that they did?
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Junior SCH Member
    I told myself that, I replaced my crappy plastic piece of junk with a 3.25in vortec pipe I made fit and the only difference was nothing except the discharge tube dosent fly off at 8lbs, Oh and it dosent crush when you tighten the hose clamp. Did you see a difference? And blowers as well as turbos Hate any restriction what so ever on the inlet side.

Just checking bro. The way you worded that made it sound like I was trying to rip people off. I took a minor offense to that. Sorry I have now came back to reality:)

Junior SCH Member
    Your discharge tube looks very nice. It is worth every penny you ask for it. And is at least 100 times better than the plastic crap the kit came with. I am just saying you dont see the boost increase like you do with a power pipe thats all.

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    Steve is ripping people off now? What is this world coming to? Hell if it wasn't for Steve's design, many N1K guys would be having their POS plastic tubes flying off on streets across America. I am just glad he gave me all the info I needed to fab my own, but that's cuz he's a pretty good guy...AWWWWW...
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster