Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I flush oil thru my s/c?

How can I flush oil thru my s/c?

Need some suggestions on how I can flush clean oil thru my headunit. I have experienced several blown h/g and want to flush out any residue of contaminated oil prior to putting this back together on a new motor.

Just so it's clear, I have no motor, the s/c is outta the car and cannot just simply fire it up to cycle some oil thru it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Come on guys, nobody has any thoughts??
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

You could just plug the drain on the bottom of it and fill it up oil and maybe turn the pulley around a bit. I know this isn't really flushing it out and it would be a waste of oil but hey it would clean it out a bit.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

how 'bout compressed air? fill it up with cheap oil or even engine flush, then blow some air through it. you can attach an air fitting to the AN fitting on the oil in fitting...........

Now that may work!!

another method that may work. you can buy those drill activated siphon pumps they use for shiphoning fluids or draining water beds. your power drill attaches to it with a length of hose on each end. the drill powers the circualtion pulling form one end & blowing through the other. one hose could be set in a bucket/bottle of oil or flush & pulled/pushed through a hose attached to the oil inlet on the blower with a hose clamp. then cycle the fluid through & let it drain into a bottle or bucket using the oil return line............either way, whatever you have available!
    good luck.......

I just got thru reading a thread on the Corral posted by Jon Rio, I may be able to rig up a leafblower to the S/C headunit to spin it fast enough to create a vacuum where it could suck the oil in thru the oil inlet :D

I like the drill pump idea, I'll have to dig thru my crap & see if I have one hidden away.

Thanks man.

no prob........let us know how you make out....we may need it for future reference as well.............
    -justin

crap!!!! i replied to you when you first posted it...

it didn't go through.. well the air compressor is the method to use... cheap oil is a good to use depending on how stickler you are...but maybe cleaning it with a degreaser (thin) would take some of the possible deposits out. these are all just suggestions of course. me and my father would use an air compressor for work in small places and they really come in handy... you just need the power. good luck!
    93 black gt

Triple post, now that's a 1st....

Double post, wow haven't done that in a while & I'm not even drinking tonight :D

You think running some simple green thru 1st and then throughly flushing with oil after be okay? I really have no clue as to what all is inside one of these things :D

I looked around & don't have a drill pump so I'll give the compressor method a shot

dawn's new motto/logo

"Dawn takes motor oil out of your way!" hehehehe... i would consider using that or simple green mixed with something... take a long time to flush it out with water... then wait a long long time for it to dry a fan would help... goodluck :D
    93 black gt

all i can say is there are seals in there & you need to check on whats safe for bearings. i would recommend running some marvel mystery oil. it has great cleaning & lubricating properties & is safe for all surfaces. it can be mixed with fuel, oil, you name it. i wouldnt play with any harsh cleaners if i wasnt 100% sure. im not saying anyone here is wrong, but id research the internals, then go for whats safe from there....no guesses man......thats if your as anal as i am.......
    im no pro on this subject. but i have been running cnc lathes, multiple axis mills, servo type, swiss type & even old type screw machines for 13 years. this includes maintenance. all the spindles & ball screws ride on linear glideways & bearings support the ball screw ends. all we ever used to clean them were soft solvents with lubricity properties in them. you dont want to add any detergents that can harm the bearing races or dryout any o-rings or seals. marvel mystery oil is used in the majority of these machines as a preventive maintenance. it cleans, flushes & lubrictes w/o harming anything.....alot of people use marvel mystery oil in air tools as well. think of the internals in air tools. it cleans debris out, eliminates the moisture, & lubricates all in one.......im only trying to help. marvel mystery oil can be found at just about any auto parts house! just be sure before you dump anything in there man.......
    later,
    -justin

Sold!! Marvel mystery oil it is :D