Thread: Which is louder, P1-sc or D1-sc?

Junior SCH Member

Which is louder, P1-sc or D1-sc?

I've read a few places that the D1-sc is quiet, but everyone on corral seems to think the D1-sc is louder than the P1-sc, and everyone says the P1-sc is loud.. what gives?

Btw, I like loud :)

I just started my car today (D1SC) and I can hear it WELL over my exhaust at the BACK of the car.

In a word LOUD

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    well, I can say that the D1SC is louder than the P1SC that I used to have.... to the point that you can't hear my exhaust unless you are within about 6 inches of the exit.... :D

Junior SCH Member
    There is no difference in the sounds of the blowers. They can be loud then can be quiet. Since it all depends on gear lash, in the transmission. The D1-Sc and P1-Sc use the same gears internaly. The only thing that changes is the impeller, and the bearings. Niether of those can cause a change in the sound of the blower.

I have had both.. and can tell you 10000% my D1-SC was quieter. (can hardly hear it over stock mufflers) But I didn't do a upgrade.. I had sold my P1SC, and bought a new D1SC. Since the gear sets were different the sound changed.

So to end the rumor of the what is louder: The answer is both, since they both can be loud, or quiet.

Now my F2... thats another story.

EA
    More boost then a 20psi gauge.