Thread: P1SC rebuild?

Junior SCH Member

P1SC rebuild?

I'm a little more than fed up here. I seem to be running into a wall no matter what I do. I got the clank noise fixed, but now I have a boat load of oil in the intake system, and the blower. It is without a doubt S/C oil and a lot of it.:(
    I called ProCharger and the first thing they said was, it's not S/C oil it can't be, they don't leak. hahahahahaha
    So after I convinced the guy that it was S/C oil, he told me that I was no longer under warranty, and they would not ship me a seal, or a rebuild kit. They would only offer me the option of paying to ship it to them, pay $75 for them to tear it apart, and then $300-$500 to replace the seal.
    Needless to say I was not enthused.
    My question is this, is there anybody out there that has rebuilt there own charger. Where can I get the parts, and how hard an it be?
    00 GT 5spd: 4.10 gears, 10#'s from the P1SC, 90MM MAF, 42# injectors, MAC cat back, Diablo Delta flip chip, Pro-5.0, King Cobra clutch, more to come...

Junior SCH Member
    ANYONE???? Please help, I'm on the verge of givving up on Procharger and converting to Paxton, or Vortech. I never hear any complaints about them leaking.
    $300-$500 to fix a seal, come on???
    00 GT 5spd: 4.10 gears, 10#'s from the P1SC, 90MM MAF, 42# injectors, MAC cat back, Diablo Delta flip chip, Pro-5.0, King Cobra clutch, more to come...

Junior SCH Member
    Sorry. Wish I could help ya but your not the first. Doesn't suck that they won't just sell you the parts so you can fix it yourself. Why would they care? You would think if you signed something (or made a verbal agreement on tape maybe), that said they would not be liable if the thing blew up and destroyed your engine they would sell you the part. I quess they just want to take your money. I'm just hoping mine holds together. Some people have no problems others do. I had bad luck when I first got mine. It took almost two months before I finally got everything right for my kit. I would have sent it back if I could but I already spent the 3 grand. $500 for a what? $20 seal. That sucks.

What was the clank noise you were getting. I just noticed a clanking screeching type of noise out of the blower when I first start the car. It's not real loud or steady but every 2 seconds or so. After a while it goes away. Maybe its getting a little louder with age. Then again its only got about 3,000 miles on it. I'm hoping its not a bearing.

Sorry I can't help.

Andy

Junior SCH Member
    I was in the same boat with getting mine working right in the beginning. Car never idled right, always stalled. Even when I did get it running halfway descent it still idled funny (even after spending $350 on a Univer and another God knows on other stupid parts that ProCharger should have just put in the kit in the beginning).
    But anywho, the clanking was the two Ford idler pulleys rubbing on the mounting bracket.
    It seems that ProCharger also sent me the wrong ($45) spacer for the lower idler which I had to space out with washers. I guess the washers were not enough and the pulley was rubbing when the car was at idle. The crappy bracket flexed when I was in the throttle, so the clanking went away.

I know most of them make a little bit of a grinding noise, or a small tap. That is normal, it's just the gears meshing together.
    I think I will soon be trading my UserPC from prochargerpower.com for one over at novipower.com soon.
    Sorry guys, but this is crap!

Senior SCH Member
    I agree! I had my POS P600 blow up (bearing failure) with less than 8k miles on it and they will not warrant a damn thing! They have some kind of secret patent on their POS seals and they will not send them to you. I found the bearings for the blowers and they are twice as good as the ones ATI use but they are pricey @$120 per bearing. I had to give in after countless calls to these jerks and told them I needed them to just replace the seals and I will take care of the rest! They finally agreed and I sent it in, but I haven't gotten a cost estimate yet, I'm almost scared to see it. I will definitley go VORTECH next time! I am steering anyone that I know away from ATI they are a joke! Sorry to rant but I think many of you can agree..
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    See my post in the P600 forum for some good rebuild info that I found.... I found everything but the darn seals for these blowers! ATI was smart on that one....
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......