Thread: To FMU or not to FMU?

Junior SCH Member

To FMU or not to FMU?

What gives with the FMU. Do you not run it and burn a custom chip? Do you need it with the stock computer? What is the common set up?

Thanks!

It depends on your fuel system and the amount of boost your gonna run.

If you have a stock fuel system then yes you will need it. If you have aftermarket injectors and such you may not need to run it depending on the size and whether you have a chip burned.

So tell us a little more about your set up.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Junior SCH Member
    I have a stock 93 cobra. I was considering putting on a A9L processor with a Pro-M bullit meter and high flow fuel pump with an adjustable fuel prressure regulator. But for right now she is stock, injectors, computer and all!

Thanks

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    According to the Mustangworks fuel calculator if you are currently @ 275 hp and going to add another 75hp via 6psi boost, you should be starting out with a 6:1 or 8:1 FMU. See

http://www.mustangworks.com/analyzer.html
    Chris

and don't forget you'll need a walbro gss 340 fuel pump if you're gonna use the fmu.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    some guys don't like running them because they are just another tuning issue without a bleed screw. There is a post on how to make it adjustable in novipower if you do a search. I would go with 42's, gss340, and custom chip. should well exceed what you need.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Originally posted by hollant
    I have a stock 93 cobra. I was considering putting on a A9L processor with a Pro-M bullit meter and high flow fuel pump with an adjustable fuel prressure regulator. But for right now she is stock, injectors, computer and all!

Thanks
    With all that, I'd still run an FMU unless you put bigger injectors on with it.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Senior SCH Member
    I agree. Plus, there is nothing wrong with the 93 cobra EEC. It's an X3Z computer, which is superior to the A9L in my opinion.