Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
HELP! car bucks giving it some gas... FMU?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! car bucks giving it some gas... FMU??

alright well guys we're making some progress! car runs up to 6k but i get the bucking afterwards trying to just drive normally. i regapped the plugs to 30ish. im going to put the air filter inside the way and PRAY that thats the problem. ill keep you guys up on this... thank you all for ur help!

well its bad news now, car was running good now wont even go car just doesnt move when giving it gas, has a chit idle and sounds like its going to stall out. some of my friends say that its the o2s. i still think that its mass air related. any sugestions?

That thing sounds like it has all off the classic symptoms of a Mass air problem or unmetered air. Check all of you inlet hoses and vacuum lines. If you can't find any leaks, borrow a stock meter off of one of your buddies cars and try that.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

deff was the mam. the filter tube had poped off and messed everything up
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

good! big improvement?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Just a thing I did to my air filter:

Well I have a 90mm MAF so in ordor to adapt it to a filter I need a adapter :) "I think I baught it from Accufab". Well the filter didn't fit the adapter. So what I did was took 4 nuts and bolts, drilled a hole through the rubber on the air filter, through the metal on the adapter and I put the bolt through and tightened the nuts "they are Lock nuts" I doubt they will losen on me.

Maybe a idea or maybe you can use this idea of mine to come up with somthing of your own to make it so your air filter doesn't come off

Mark...
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

yes very big improvement. but i still have some studder in the throttle, i was thinking since my heads like 18* timing and lower timing messed up the way the car runs, if i just bumped it up to 10* if it would work better and eliminate the studder i get. its like a bucking feeling. or do you think i should just play around the with the MAM and turn it around a lil?

the filter didnt come off the C&L tube but the C&L tube came off by the MAM. i connected the true flow tube with the C&L and have the cone filter inside the fender well. its up against the fender too and i think maybe that might have something to do with me getting the buckin?

is it a light throttle cruising throttle? this definetly pointing @ the maf. do you have a bypass? My car is real rich with no bypass and mine has a slight cruising studder.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

yes at crusing speed and sometimes at high rpms it will studder just a lil, i was thinking about playing around with the MAM, its a real PITA. maybe its just the way the car is since theres so many curves in the tubing? idk...hmmm im going to the track today too to see how it does.

don't forget to check you plugs and your radiator after you run!

thats a good idea. ill do that to see whats going on with the car. i hope to get a clean run in. adding some octain booster as we speak :)
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses