Thread: Bad BOV what kind of problems?

SCH Member

Bad BOV what kind of problems?

I've been having some problems with my car. When I hit it falls on its face for a couple seconds then picks up and runs fine. Boost has been a little low I think.

Cleaning the car up for a car show I find out my BOV is bad. What kind of problems will a bad on give me? Will it give me the problem from above? I know thats why my boost has been low. Thanks for any help.
    93 LX
    R331/AFR 205/Vic 5.0/? psi

Junior SCH Member
    My friend ran into the same problem today with his novi 2000, and he found the BOV to be bad, it did exactly the same thing. He would hit it and it would fall on its face and pick up. He replaced it with an x-tra one that i had and it fixed the problem.
    91 lx convertible 302 stock heads, b-cam, 1.72 roller rockers, saleen/ vortech shootout intake, s-trim with aftercooler. 3.73, tremmec 3550, 70mm t-body, pro-m 77, longtubes 1 5/8, 2.5 exhaust and flows dumped

91 lx coupe 351 in works with afr 185 heads, custom cam, tremmec tko+2,4.10, procharger p-600b upgraded to p-1200b, with 3 core intercooler, have everything but the heads, cam and block. have the blower though LOL looks cool on my shelf makes my shelf go faster

98 gsx eclipse hks 272/264 cams, aem cam gears and fuel rail, 770cc injectors,2.4l motor from galant with ported head, big 16g turbo built by forced performance, greddy front mount intercooler and greddy sp exhaust, greddy boost control safc combo, and greddy turbo timer