Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftercooler on a Novi 1K???

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    I had contacted Jack @ MM about this to see if he had done/heard of it done. he said he was "pretty" sure it could be done. But after he emailed me the pic of it installed on a S trim, if we rotated the discharge back it would stick up through the hood. I would need to have one to see if it was even feasable. It would seem like you would have to modify both sides of the aftercooler to get it to work properly.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

I can tell ya for a fact the Novi will bang your hood if it's not turned all the way. Mine came from the factory just a little too far towards the driver side and now I have a nice little dent that everyone asks about.
    At any rate, I was actually thinking about running an intercooler (not charge cooler) before the blower. Seems like the plumbing wouldn't be too bad since I already have a Morpheus Powerpipe. Just run an intercooler in front of the radiator, a pipe conecting the MAF/powerpipe, some pipe to the driver side and pop my K&N in the driver wheel well.
    Not sure what kind of enhancement it would give but that's what intercoolers were made for. Besides, it beats the hell out of re-welding a chargecooler.
    Last but not least, doesn't Vortech make an "igloo" intake/chargecooler? Might be the best bet, just scratch off the Vortech logo and scribble in Paxton. ;)
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    ahh, the endless quest for more power.....makes ya wanna do crazy things don't it?
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster