Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Oil blow by on Pulley side of charger?

Thread: Oil blow by on Pulley side of charger?

Junior SCH Member

Oil blow by on Pulley side of charger?

Anyone else have this? I've replaced all the fittings and hoses on the feed side of the my P600B, but I'm still losing 1 to 1.5 quarts of oil (inside of a 5-mile test drive).

I've got the car down for repairs right now, but I'm starting to think that my 1-month old charger blew a seal on the pulley side . . . given that there is something on that side to blow.

PLEASE! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated on this. My poor car is screaming to get out of the garage. (NA or other.)

(emails at shafferjen@saic.com welcome today)

Senior SCH Member
    try checking the oil line by the block my was leaking and I was loosing between 2-3 quarts of oil. just a thought
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Junior SCH Member
    (grumble) I never even got to hit boost with this thing!

We'll the 'charger's going back to ATI, oil's just gushing from the pulley so my hope that some fitting wasn't working is gone.

Back to NA I go!

Senior SCH Member
    Don't feel bad, their seals suck! and they are common for going bad on all the blowers. I luckily never had a seal go on mine, but instead it self destructed with only 6-8k miles on it... :(

And their warranty program sucks! They won't cover a thing on my blower....FYI
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by SnakeIs

And their warranty program sucks! They won't cover a thing on my blower....FYI
    Is it used or something? Or is it Cog? That is the only reasons I can see why it would not be covered. Let us all in on more details, other then the program sucks.

EA

PS: If you had a leak on a p600b on the pulley side of the charger, you could replace that yourself. When I had the p600b I threw a couple belts, and they grabbed onto the seals, and spun them. I just went down to Napa, and got the seal. I think if memory is right a 7915 or something like that. Needless to say just bring your old seal in, and compare. No need for the costly process of sending it in.
    More boost then a 20psi gauge.