Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
If it wern't for bad luck, I'd have no luck! Help Please

Thread: If it wern't for bad luck, I'd have no luck! Help Please

If it wern't for bad luck, I'd have no luck! Help Please

So last night I was finishing up my gt's prep for it's new owner. I went to remove my pms, upon finishing I thought I would start it up. Turned the key on, and never heard the feul pumps prime. Tried to start the thing, and nothing but a bunch of cranking!

So there is no fuse for the feul pump, and my relay is not under the drivers seat! So I'm up **** creek so to speak. I'm buying a new ecm today with hopes of this curing the problem. Remember this guy is coming Saturday around mid afternoon to pick this car up. I'd love to have it running, so It would be gone.

Any suggestions, on where my relay might be, where the hell the fuse might be, or anything else would really help me out a ton.

This could be the straw that makes me wish I had nothing to do with mustangs or any performance vehicle for that matter. Mechanical problems are no biggie, but when it comes to somthing electrical, I would rather be roo-shamm-booed then have to deal with em.

Please help to not be such a puss about this guy's and feel alittle better! Oh, and to be able to figure out what the hell is wrong would be nice too.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Brandon, the fuel relay is under the seat, or in the engine over by the mass air meter. The Ford relays are a pain in the a$$ I have been stranded many a time!!

Ian

Thanks Ian, it must be one of the two in under the mass air meter.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Yes thats is them, you could try switching them and see if it starts. When my fuel pump relay went I just switched them around and she fired right up.

I believe the other disengages the A/C compresser at WOT, but they are the same relay.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

which is which chuck?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I think there is a black and green - green will be the fuel.

Ian

Did ya get it fixed and sent off to it's new owner??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Probably too late but I found this info on the Corral.

Here's the link:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...hreadid=136105
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Things only got worse sean. I gave up completly, and he wouldn't even come get it for a grand less? So I'm planning to take a major loss when I sell it. In fact I'm getting rid of my coupe too. I'm done with it!

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Drink a beer or twelve, step back, relax and go at again when the hangover subsides. I've been there numerous times here lately but I just flat out refuse to let it beat me.

Get the issues fixed with the GT, another buyer will come along and all will be well.

Oh & how'd things get worse??

I got the pumps to work, but then the injectors wouldn't work. got just 1 injector to work while pumps worked. Turned on the battery switch one more time before I went in to see what would happen, and my damn electric fan came on. I looked inside the car, and the switch was off. I got pissed and ripped it out and the fan still ran. Then I noticed that the pinion seal I replaced was leaking again. So I'm done. I'm going to get ride of the thing and be done all together. I'm shopping for a nice truck to drive everyday. Or maybe a 98 or newer cobra, or possibly a 99 or newer gt or somthing. Prbably the truck though. The cobra or gt will find a blower and exhaust and that will be it.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Ya wanna trade my 1k for your 2k :D? Give it a few days, if it was easy, then there'd be no satisfaction when all's good & it runs like a bat outta hell.

Regardless, you'll need to get the GT running right so you don't lose your *** when ya sell it.

I hate to say it, but I've already made my mind up. The satisfaction for me has just been completly out weighed by the headache. I'm thinking a carb might be just the thing the gt needs.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Wow sounds like it really sucks... Try to get as much for it as your can "as is" let someone else take over the job. As of right now everything has been falling together for me, but sometimes it doesn't and i'm in your shoes. You need to look at it this way when something gets really really bad, you know it's going to turn around sometime.
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)