Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

two concerns so far
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two concerns so far

two concerns so far

I am still installing my novi little by little every day after work and I have a couple of concerns. Ist one is my A/C lines seem to be in the way of the blower inlet, and I can't figure a way of routing them diffrent. Second problem is that the oil return line from the blower the fitting that is mounted on the lower portion of the blower hits my air pump just enough that I cannot get the bolts lined up on the air pump. Anyone experience these problems with your installs?
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

the a/c lines issue is common. you actually need to bend them out of your way, just be careful & you will have no problems. they bend pretty easy. as far as the smog pump issue, youll have to wait for somone else to chime in. i have an eliminator pulley in.....
    good luck!
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    i had the same probelm with the smog pump. use a die grinder and grind the heck out of the spot where it hits at. worked just fine for me then.

im assuming he means to grind the smog pump not the blower drain spout, hehe!.....just wanted to add that before any "grinding was done =)
    -justin

I had fitment probs with the oil outlet & smog pump, I was able to position the elbow in just the "right spot" and barely squeeze it in there, I could take a pic and it may give you an idea on how to position the elbow, just let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    yes, i meant the smog pump. mine is just used as a pulley anyways so i didn't care if i messed it up any.

Yeah I was thinking of grinding some of the pump, I don't want it touching at all because it'll transfer noise and vibration for sure. How did you guys route the A/C line?
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

the a/c lines dont really get rerouted, just bent towards the fenderwell more so theres clearnace for the blower pulley(on the revised kits).........
    -justin

SCH Member
    I had that problem with my oil return as well so I cut 1/4 " out then re welded it. Works good now.
    306 stock block, tfs aluminum heads and stage 1 cam, cobra intake home ported lower, 65mm t body, 42lb inj, pro m 80 mass air, V2 SQ 16 lbs 3.33 upper 8" lower, upr boost pipe, 373 gears,= 530 rwhp + 520 TQ 10.84@ 121mph while shifting 5th at the big end :teeth:

just a suggestion. they make 90* fittings that are the same thread as the oil drain piece on the blower. if you swapped yours for a 90* then you could hook the hose on with no interference, plus you wouldnt have to grind anything.....these parts are found at places like lowes & home depot....might save you some aggrevation.........
    -justin

heres a pic of the part i was talking about:
    Attached Images Attached Images

heres another, sorry, i dont know the thread you need off hand. but i bet its one of these two. this one is made for a hose clamp:
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    Originally posted by 5150 LX
    I had fitment probs with the oil outlet & smog pump, I was able to position the elbow in just the "right spot" and barely squeeze it in there, I could take a pic and it may give you an idea on how to position the elbow, just let me know.
    Would you mind taking the pics so I can have them as a "heads up" when I install mine? :)
    Jonathan
    Isaiah 53:6
    :king:

No problem, however I am running the "old-style" single belt version, not sure if any revisions have been made to the new style kit that may affect this. Pics up soon...
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Here's a few different angles...

Hope this helps...