Thread: Changing belt question?

Junior SCH Member

Changing belt question?

Do you have to take the blower off the car to change the belt on a 99+ GT with a P1SC/D1SC? If so, should you take the blower off the mounting plate or take the plate and blower off together?

No, you do not have to take the blower off to change the belt. If you do however need to take the blower off... usualy you just take it off however it is easiest... some kits are easier to take the blower bracket off of the car with the blower attached, others it's easy to just take the head unit off, but to change the belt, you do not need to take the blower off of the car.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    ttt

Junior SCH Member
    Yes the blower and bracket would need to come off of a 99-03 car. The belts is stuck behind the bracket and will not come out w/o removing the bracket. Pain it the a55 huh? :(

By the way, Leatherneck + Quick281, what size belt do you use? Do you have any pics of your pulley and belt set up. ATI told me I needed a 106" belt, but I could not fit anything smaller than a 108" belt. I was wondering if maybe I have something wrong??
    00 GT 5spd: 4.10 gears, 10#'s from the P1SC, 90MM MAF, 42# injectors, MAC cat back, Diablo Delta flip chip, Pro-5.0, King Cobra clutch, more to come...

I appologize for the mis-information. I was under the impression that you did not need to remove the headunit in order to change the belt. I know that on 96-98 you do not. It is easier if you loosen a couple of bolts and move it slightly out of the way, but it is not needed.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah, I figured that was what you were thinking. The way the belt is routed on the 99-03 you have to take everything off. At least with mine you do anyway. I could have mine on wrong as I stated in my other thread. But I think it's right and it would be impossible to get the the belt off w/o removing the bracket.
    00 GT 5spd: 4.10 gears, 10#'s from the P1SC, 90MM MAF, 42# injectors, MAC cat back, Diablo Delta flip chip, Pro-5.0, King Cobra clutch, more to come...

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by LilWhistle
    Yeah, I figured that was what you were thinking. The way the belt is routed on the 99-03 you have to take everything off. At least with mine you do anyway. I could have mine on wrong as I stated in my other thread. But I think it's right and it would be impossible to get the the belt off w/o removing the bracket.
    I did not have to remove anything to change my belt.
    99 Cobra vert
    P-1sc @ 8#, Pro-M Univer, WMS velocity tube,42#, MAC H and cat back
    Eibach pros, Bilstein HDs, KB cc plates, strut tower brace, shock tower brace, Steeda subframe conn
    393 rwhp on crappy CA gas