Thread: Belt sizing and pulley questions.

Junior SCH Member

Belt sizing and pulley questions.

Ok so here is my scenerio. I was running a 114 6 rib belt with my procharger setup and it was VERY tight when i put it on. I do not know if it can be to tight. When that broke i had no choice Pepboys was the closest and i bought a 115. recently i just switched to a 114 1/2. I am running a 3.40 blower pulley. I am switching to a 3.00 blower pulley. I want to run the Gatorback belt but the only sizes they have are either 113 or 114 1/2. My other option is a 113 3/4 from Napa. Any other suggestions? Can the belt be to tight that it will actually snap? I really wanted to run the 113 Gatorback.But i dont want to spend the $40 on it @ Summit and it not fit .Thanks

Dave
    2003 Procharger Powered SVT Cobra
    F1A
    636rwhp 541rwtq

Usualy either the belt will fit or not. You are going to have to judge how well it fits and what size to go with by weather you can put the belt on or not (if it's too small, it just won't fit) and by either belt slippage or if you can read you tensioner, to see if it's within the proper range or not. It is possible to have a belt that is too tight, the belt doesn't "snap" usualy, it may wear, but mainly you wear on the tensioner and bearings across your accessory drive.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net