Thread: Kazoo?

Kazoo?

Kind of strange siren, or high pitched reed-like sounds are coming from car at over 2500rpms. I first plugged off the main vac. line, still there. I took off the serpintine belt, noise gone. Then I took off the big tube from the s/c outlet side, noise gone. So I've concluded that it must be the intercooler, or the tubing somewhere, and I have reset all the hose clamps and fittings. The pitch of the sound goes up and down with the rpms. Has this happened before, and are too embarest to say? I searched all over and have yet to find anything like this.
    Green 2000GT 5 Speed
    P-1SC 10# W/Intercooler
    Shorties, X-Pipe, Magnaflow cat back
    MM Sportbox Suspension, Torque Arm, Adjustable LCA, 3:73 gears, Forged shortblock, aluminum FW, 03 Cobra rims W/275/40 BFG G-Force tires

Sounds to me like you may either have a leaky weld on one of the tubes which is somewhat doubtfull, intercooler, or rubber tubing that may have a very small leak in it. Vacuum leaks can sound like that, but if it has to do with your blower discharge tubing hooked up, then it HAS to be somewhere around there. I would suggest just to keep looking. Brush a soapy/water solution over all of your hose connections and tubing (I know that is not easy for all tubing, just do the best you can) and see if it starts to bubble, if it does, there's your leak.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Well I finally got it to stop. I did two things this time and it was one of the two.
    First, I removed the big metal pipe that bends around from the bumper to the fenderwell area. I noticed the some of the coating was worn off from rubbing on the foglight, so I attatched some thick rubber foam around the tube. It may heve been vibrating there, I don't know for sure.
    Second was, I removed the MAF and tightened the four bolts that hold the two halfs together. They were a little loose. and the gasket in there may have been blowing like a reed, or something.
    So the annoying noise is gone and I'm happy.
    Green 2000GT 5 Speed
    P-1SC 10# W/Intercooler
    Shorties, X-Pipe, Magnaflow cat back
    MM Sportbox Suspension, Torque Arm, Adjustable LCA, 3:73 gears, Forged shortblock, aluminum FW, 03 Cobra rims W/275/40 BFG G-Force tires