Thread: ASP 8" crank pulley for new novi 1000

Senior SCH Member

ASP 8" crank pulley for new novi 1000

Hey guys, I just got news that my pulley will be sent out tommorrow, I see 5psi with a stock car and pulley, how much should I expect with the pulley, do I need to change the water pump pulley? What size belt for the supercharger now, thanks in advance.

Paxton told me 15lbs on a stock engine but I'm only seeing 8lbs with heads/intake, I think I'm leaking boost somewhere or some sort of problem
    The belt # I used is a #5080590, this belt is one size bigger then actually needed, this way you have enough slack in the belt that you won't come close to the water pump (don't worry the tensioner is fine).
    So yes stock W/P pulley is fine.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

make sure you let us know what you're boost comes to!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

i better tune in hear....i wunna hear the results!
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    hey i did a search for asp and keep getting computer crap...can one of you guys give me a link to asp thanks..i want one of those 8 inchers =) lol

Senior SCH Member
    oh yeah if your running all ac's what size belt do you need to run with that 8 inch pulley.? thanks

89scstang, all the guys so far in this thread have the revised kit, this 8" pulley will be the dual belt crank pulley. ive heard belt sizes for the single drive 1k's here numerous times, i cant recall offhand what it was............heres a link to ASP , from what i hear they make a $150 8" single drive crank pulley in aluminum, & a $200 steel version. wish we had a $150 option! =)
    -justin