Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
is the fmu from the novi 2k kit adjustable?

Thread: is the fmu from the novi 2k kit adjustable?

is the fmu from the novi 2k kit adjustable?

I switched to 30# injectors and the 19#fmu is waaaay rich. I didn't think the one in the kit was adjustable. Am I wrong?

That FMU is not adjustable. What color is the FMU? The newer 2K kits come with a blue one which at one time was considered correct for 30lb injectors. You could either re-calibrate it (the jury is still out on that one as Paxton claims it can't be re-calibrated with a Vortech FMU kit but I've read otherwise. Paxton claims you have to send it back to them for re-calibration) You could try installing a bleed valve on it to make it adjustable. You can get one here:

FMU Bleed Valve kit

or check out one of my adjustable units. here is a link from this forum:mygt8a4re's adjustable FMU controllers

actually, I did read your thread with the adjustable unit. How sure are you that it would be adjusted properly for 30# on an FMU designed for 19# injectors?

im 100% positive. it can make your ratio anywhere from 12:1(current) to 1:1. all it does it restrict the amount of boost the FMU sees, in turn lowering the total amount of fuel pressure under boost. this equates to more power from a leaner air/fuel mix.....this is the same effect, yet better, as changing the ratio discs in the vortech FMU's. all the 10:1 or 8:1 discs do is lower the ratio of fuel pressure under boost but you only have "1" choice of increment, unlike my adjustable unit that allows for any increment change, so you can adjust it for the perfect setting for your combo/boost etc., understand?.......in a nutshell, with my unit, you can have a 12:1 ratio FMU & have the ability to adjust it to any ratio you want, so you can change injectors, up the boost, add performance mods, etc. & then just adjust the unit for the desired ratio.......if you want more explantion you can e-mail me.....(e-mail in profile)
    -justin