Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
always somthing (all opinions wanted)

View Poll Results: should it stay or go

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • fix seal hope that's the problem

3 75.00%
  • out with the old in with the new

1 25.00%

Thread: always somthing (all opinions wanted)

Junior SCH Member

always somthing (all opinions wanted)

Just installed the blower and my car runs great i don't have a boost gauge right now so i don't no how much boost i am seeing.
    But with my seat-O- pants meter it rocks. But after my first run my 3 year old short block Just blew out my rear main seal and at 5000 + rpms some smoke. i could just put in a new seal and pan and it would work for now , but i want to up the boost and i think my blow-by will only get worse, so when i got home from work Tuesday i called DSS and they had a pro bullet in stock so now of Course i tell my girlfriend i just spent two grand on this short block , so we go for a ride and what happens no smoke, i am still getting a lot of oil out of my oil pan and i pulled off my TB and there is a ton of oil in there it was there even before the s/c. So i guess what i am asking here is can i justify a new short block or should i replace the seal. Thanks guys
    Car -- 1987 LX 5.0 5 Speed Coupe
    Mods --
    NOVI 1000, new D.S.S. PRO short block low comp., AFR 165 PORTED
    BY FTI ,CUSTOM CAM BY FTI ,1.6 Scorpion RR,
    Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, 70MM TB,7O MM COBRA MAF,
    BBK1-5/8" HEADERS, , 24# INJ. COBRA COMP.,
    2 CHAMBER FLOW MASTERS, 3.73, STEEDA UPPER AND LOWER
    CONTROL ARMS, MSD 6AL W/ MSD PLUG WIRES, Ajd. flue presser regulator
    With out a tune 289 rwhp 315 rwtq

NOVI 1000

Other Toys
    2002 S/C F-150 Harley Davidson ed. #7900
    2001 katana 600

Ahh what the hell, buy a new block. Come to think of it go with a stroker motor, up the boost and see if that don't get your GF panties wet :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I'm willing to bet your short block is fine. It almost sounds like your TB still has the hose connected to the oil fill tube. That's the only way I can see you getting all that oil in the TB. Also get yourself a PCV valve for a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe from the Ford dealer (Chuck had the part number up a while ago) These close off way better than your stocker to prevent your crankcase from being pressurized as they are designed to deal with boost. This is probably why your crankcase is currently being pressurized as opposed to blow by. Replace your rear main seal with a good Fel-Pro job and you should be good to go(anything but the Ford stuff as they are awful) No point spending money on a new short block if it's not really required as you can make plenty of relialbe power with your current combo.

Junior SCH Member
    I have the oil fill tube unhooked from the tb. I no i have a blow by because i used to get a lot of oil in my tb when i was n/a. I am getting a new short block today i had a friend drive behind me and any thing above 4500 rpm it gets bad under boost
    Car -- 1987 LX 5.0 5 Speed Coupe
    Mods --
    NOVI 1000, new D.S.S. PRO short block low comp., AFR 165 PORTED
    BY FTI ,CUSTOM CAM BY FTI ,1.6 Scorpion RR,
    Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, 70MM TB,7O MM COBRA MAF,
    BBK1-5/8" HEADERS, , 24# INJ. COBRA COMP.,
    2 CHAMBER FLOW MASTERS, 3.73, STEEDA UPPER AND LOWER
    CONTROL ARMS, MSD 6AL W/ MSD PLUG WIRES, Ajd. flue presser regulator
    With out a tune 289 rwhp 315 rwtq

NOVI 1000

Other Toys
    2002 S/C F-150 Harley Davidson ed. #7900