Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How many of you installed your Novi1000 yourself?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you installed your Novi1000 yourself?

SCH Member

How many of you installed your Novi1000 yourself?

Hey,
    I was wondering how many of you installed your Novi 1000 yourself? Thanks :) Also, did you have yours dyno tuned or what? Thanks. I'm going to try to run a 100% safe tune 'cause I have some aftermarket hyper. pistons on an engine w/ about 7k miles on a rebuild. :)
    Jonathan
    Isaiah 53:6
    :king:

From what I've seen posted over time, the majority of us have installed our own kits. For the likes of me, I can't say that I recall anyone posting that they paid a shop to do the install.

Never had a chance to get mine dyno tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Me.

See sig.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

SCH Member
    I see, so I suppose I can handle the installation since I've done other car work (nothing major). Do I have to take off all of the front accessories (AC, smog pump, power steering, etc). :)
    Jonathan

Are you keeping the AC?
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

SCH Member
    I am keeping the AC for now, but I have thought I may just delete it since it needs to be recharged again. Is it easier w/ or w/o the AC?
    Jonathan

Well with the new style kit it is in someways easier to install with the AC.

You will need to take the alt and smog pump off the front of the motor to set up the new blower bracket.

Senior SCH Member
    do you need the smog pump on the car for setting up the blower? When I bought my car, I didnt realize it at first, but there are no emissions on the car

I think on a new style kit it is easiest to install a smog pump eliminater pulley.

SCH Member
    I have no cats so I'm thinking of removing the smog pump as well. Where can I get the bracket you are speaking of? Also, I'll have to plug up the hole in the back of my heads (since they are stock, shudder!).
    Jonathan

Senior SCH Member
    is asp eliminator pulley kit ok to use?

I installed mine myself (the 'old' style 1k). Before starting the install, I read up on all the possible snags I might have. It's actually a pretty easy install. Whatever problem you may run into, there is someone on this board who has already run into it and can help. Don't be afraid to ask! Also I believe that doing the install yourself will make it easier to diagnose any future problems realating to the blower.

As far as tuning, I tuned mine well enough that it would pass emissions and not have and bucking/surging problems. About a month later, I got it dyno tuned to squeeze a little more power out of it.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

SCH Member
    Thanks, I'm running hypers on a rebuilt engine so I want to have it dyno tuned right after I install it :)
    Jonathan

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    There was a new high performance shop that opened up about 30 miles away from me and they wanted to install a NOVI 1000 charger on a fox bodied car to familiarize themselves with Paxton since they have only done Vortech and ATI-Prochargers in the past. They agreed to install the charger,fuel pump,fmu,timing retard,spark plugs,boost guage and change the oil for $300.oo plus tax......LOL I couldn't resist that , dropped it off at 8:00 am and picked it up at 6:00 pm the same day and wow what a beautiful job they did. http://www.need-4-speed.com/
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

SCH Member
    Sweet! I can't believe that. I talked to a place and they said around $500-600 just for the SCer (not the fueling components) !!
    Jonathan