Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anyone running a C4 on the street with your Novi?

Thread: Anyone running a C4 on the street with your Novi?

Junior SCH Member

Anyone running a C4 on the street with your Novi?

Just broke stock tranny, again. Trying to decide between 3550 and C4. Car is 95% street driven. What are your opinions? It's only driven on the weekends, and never on the highway for more than 45 minutes or so. Mostly just around town, looking for people to pick on.
    13 lb. Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger, 80 mm C&L MAF, AFM Power Pipe, 70mm BBK TB, Stage II Cobra intake, Stage II Twisted Wedge heads, 1.6 roller rockers, F303 cam, Keith Craft 306 w/ flycut pistons, DSS main support, ARP hardware, Romac balancer, 3-row radiator, 180 degree thermostat, MSD 6A ignition, MSD Blaster coil, JMS Custom Chip, FRPP wires, Full Aeromotive fuel system with 42lb. injectors, 1 3/4" BBK Long-tubes, Off-road BBK H-pipe, Mac Flow-Paths, Mac 2 ½” tailpipes, T-5 w/ FRPP clutch, Hurst shifter, 3.73's, Cobra R's, Nitto Drag Radials, Removed back seat, spare tire, and sway bar, GT rear wing

521 rwhp, 472 rwtq

SCH Member
    I have a built AOD (not built all the way, I need a 2800 stall and a one piece input shaft and I'll be set). If you want to have the advantages of having a auto, plus the fun of shifting, you can get a Lentech AOD 'cause they are capable of handling over 600hp. You can get one w/ a manual valve body as well. As for the C4, I've thought about going w/ that one if/when my AOD goes bad after installing my Novi1000. C4s are tuff if you get them built right. If you don't mind driving w/ higher RPMS and having worse gas mileage, then go w/ a C4 since they are more reliable than a manual transmission. I myself have 3.73 gears and I usually drive in [D] instead of [OD] w/ my AOD because [OD] is one of the weakest points in an AOD and my gas mileage is just about horrible, but I don't mind b/c this car isn't a daily driver. By the way, aren't you driving a time bomb w/ a stock 302 girdled block pumping out over 500hp? I've seen too many 302 blocks split in half w/ that much power, impressive car though :)
    Jonathan
    Isaiah 53:6
    :king:

I believe that Steve (468LC) is running a c-4 tranny, I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I run the Lentech AOD with a manual valvebody and I love it. I can drag race the snot out of the car and then switch the OD for the drive home. With the manual VB they can handle 900+ horsepower. I make in excess of 600RWHP and I haven't had a problem yet.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Member
    Which Lent. AOD do you have and how much was it? $2300? Did you install the valvebody yourself, or did it come like that? :)
    Jonathan
    Isaiah 53:6
    :king:

I have a street terminator plus. I upgraded the manual VB about 7 months after I bought the tranny. According to Len @ Lentech, the manual VB makes the trans be able to handle the extra horsepower. I'm not sure why, but I know it hasn't broken yet. I went 9.6@147 at the track yesterday, so it must be working:D . PM Ian, he's friends with those guys, maybe he can get you a price. I'm not sure how much I paid for mine.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous