Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project Novicain

Thread: Project Novicain

Project Novicain

Well things are slowly getting there but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Feels like I've been working on this swap forever. Here's some pics of the engine ready to be installed. Should be dropping it in tomorrow and then I have to do some fab work on the exhaust. If all goes well she should be running by the weekend. I'll keep ya posted...:D

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    should be bad A$$! Never looked at thunderbirds the same since I saw yours. Nice man, best of luck.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Glenn, I can't wait for you! Plain and simple, I've been watching your buildup for what seems like almost a year now. Keep us posted.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Thanks...I doubt too many Vette owners will look at T-Birds the same either after getting a nice view of my tailights.

I never thought I would still be at this stage of the swap. I've been working on this thing since early May. I've had a few delays with a couple parts that took way longer than they should have to get to me and the engine was tied up at the machine shop for a month because of those delays as progress couldn't go further while we waited.

lmao, that'll be a big blue blur to most of the vette guys.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Looks amazing! I hope to make it down to TO this year to see your car.

Ian

looks awesome!

IT"S ALIVE!!!

Well the day finally came. After tying up some more loose ends on the car with the exhaust and some other stuff, I was able to get the car complete enough to twist the key for the first time. She didn't want to fire at first as the distributor was off a little but after pulling it out and re-orienting it, the car fired up right away. Adjusted the idle, set the TPS voltage and fuel pressure and the car ran like a champ. Topped her up with coolant and burped the system and let it run for just shy of an hour. Fan set up works great as the car never got hot at all even though it was in the garage.

It was really weird hearing it for the first time..... a combination of nervous excitement starting it for the first time I guess. Car sounds wicked...the combination of the exhaust system with the lopey idle of the E-303 makes for a sinister sound out back. It's not too loud thank god, but I'm hopin' the cops leave me be because the exhaust note leaves no doubts that something more than a plain old 5.0L is goin' on under the hood. The Novi sounds great too. Not too loud with gear whine but loud enough to let everyone know it's blown. :D

Only 1 glitch and it had nothing to do with anything I did..... 3 lower head studs are weeping coolant so I'll have to pull them and re-seal them better than the engine shop did. Not a big deal as I have to re-torque the heads anyway. Still a number things to do before I want to take it out and drive it but barring a disaster I should have it ready by the weekend to take it out to one of the cruise nights.

Great to hear!

Ian

SCH Member
    Awesome Hawk.

I thought I was going to poopee my pants the last few seconds before I fired mine up.

It was definitely a great relief, when it started right away, and continued to run..

Your hard work is going to start paying off very shortly. The smiles won't fade for a LONG time.

Congrats Dude!
    >>>>>>2000 SLT Dakota 4.7
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

mods: Novi-1000, True Duals, Ported stock TB

Senior SCH Member
    nice!

we need some in car pics!

oooohh aahhhh

foaming at the mouth i am .... that is wonderful that you made your dream. i can only hope i can return home in time to even get a start on mine :( congrats
    -troy
    93 black gt

:bonk: damn! :spit:

:yep: that setup looks sweet! :yep:
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at: